quick load info

Neil...as previous post-it depends which 7mm/284 cartridge you choose-a good selection of the options and top loads is on Accurate shooter site-most will be max loaded,as that's mostly their competition use here.

One popular powder is 4831s/c,but v170 and others -eg RS -are very good too-see Accurate Shooter for US choices.

The straight " 284 winchester" is loaded as a hunting cartridge by Winchester 150 Power Point @ 2860 fps,and Cor-Bon have a 150g loading at 2900 fps.

7mm mags will commercially give (from) 160@3200-I know you don't want that,but it illustrates the other end of the 7mm scale-from eg 7-08 140g @ 2800; 280 Rem loads 160g @ 2800;7 rem mag 162 amax @2950.

All SAAMI,so replicable without eyebrow high pressures...and a range of powders....there are 50 US commercial loadings for 7rem mag alone,and around 20 for the 7-08,similar 280rem.....and so it goes...

let alone the open ended reloading options.....

then the wildcats (284 Shehene eg);the popular hot short magnums,WSM,Raum, and HME isn't out of reach,of course.....

It is perhaps more sensible-possible to answer-if what is desired is specified,and what is too much etc...

g

Can anybody give me the figures for the 7mm or 284 cal 180gr berger hybrids and 162gr amax from a 26 inch barrel, possibly rel 19 or 25 powder, not sure what 180s run on,thanks swaro

You patching the 6.5x55 for a 7mm?

Thinking ahead ready to rebarrel my 6.5 06.need to make sure before I do a variation.i may just have another 6.5 06.got 100s of brass and nearly enough bullets for another barrel in stock.if I change calibre it more brass another die.another modified case more bullets.cheapest options is to have the same cal. Ya get more indecisive as you get older lol.not sure if I will gain anything going 6.5x284.i suppose I will gain less money in my pocket

Thinking ahead ready to rebarrel my 6.5 06.need to make sure before I do a variation.i may just have another 6.5 06.got 100s of brass and nearly enough bullets for another barrel in stock.if I change calibre it more brass another die.another modified case more bullets.cheapest options is to have the same cal. Ya get more indecisive as you get older lol.not sure if I will gain anything going 6.5x284.i suppose I will gain less money in my pocket

With all that in mind i'd just stick with the 6.5 IMO! The 6.5x55 and 6.5x284 sling the pill as near as damn it the same give or take 100fps. For the sake of having to overhaul all your gear for somthing marginal i personally wouldn't bother.... but then again we all love new toys

Archived