Anyone ordered from Brownells before

Lowsider

I have just placed an order on the brownells UK site... I have heard nothing for 4 days and my order just shows as veiwed and paid for....

Tried contacting them by phone.. always engaged... Ive emailed and also via Faceache...

Are they a genuine dealer or am I gonna be ripped off...

Sorry new to this and never heard of them..

Hi Mate,

Although they claim to be Brownells UK they still get orders shipped from USA at snails pace!! It's normal for your order to say "viewed" then it will say "dispatched" but you will only be able to track your order once it gets to the UK! They are pretty pi55 poor on deliveries.

Don't worry about it. It can take a few days for the order to change from "viewed" to shipped.

Brownells in the states are not the fastest of companies.

I send at least one order a week through them , and though its sometimes slow, it always comes.

The parcel force tracking system does not work. I,ve got orders that have been delivered and still don't show on their system.

Sometimes they can be quite quick and by quick I mean within the 10 days they state. Other times it can be a few weeks and they'll never let you know.

They do always deliver though but if you can find what you want from a UK supplier then give them a miss.

I tried to order a couple of bits through Midway this week and then was told the no longer send to UK ! At least Brownells still do

I think Brownells UK took over Midway UK.

I think Brownells UK took over Midway UK.

I think your right , as my midway account switched automatically to brownalls . Same account details etc . If your not in a rush , i think there pretty good for out of stock stuff from uk sourses . However them not replying etc doesn't bode well if you have a faulty item/s etc , and need to get in contact to arrange returns !

As previously said stuff does arrive but it really pi55es me off when they call themselves Brownells UK but you still have to wait ages while they ship it from the States. Not sure if they ever plan to hold stocks in the UK ever?

Not sure if you read this but this was fantastic service from the States.

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/29887-21st-century-shooting/

Cheers Guys...

I had a reply from them shortly after I posted this...

Dear Mr Howroyd,

As stated on checkout, all orders are shipped from Brownells USA hence the lead time, normally we achieve delivery in 7-10 working days after dispatch.

Unfortunately the UK shooting market is too small to hold over 80,000 products in stock, therefore we have to ‘drop ship’ from Brownells USA (this is done for all the European Partners, Brownells France Germany etc). All prices include duty, vat and excise.

If you register on checkout, you can track your order. The tracking will show in your account 'My orders' section. If you click on your 'My orders' section in your account and look for the link just to the right of your order where it states: "Tracking: - Click here" that is the tracking number link. It will show as 'Advised' on the ParcelForce website until it clears customs and is scanned into their system.

Your order is being processed by Brownells USA, however they are closed at present as they closed for National Holidays (4th July). Your order will be dispatched next week. If you are not happy to wait we can cancel the order and refund your card, please advise?

Apologies for the delay and any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

There's no chance of BrownellsUSA holding UK stock as it isn't BrownellsUSA you're dealing with, just the same as it was never MidwayUSA you used to deal with.

Both companies are in fact Peter Starley in Warwick who simply collates UK orders and then orders from Brownells.

As has been said they can come in around 10 days, this however can be very dependent on how UK customs etc. feel and stuff has been known to be placed in limbo for weeks at a time. Sometimes items simply never arrive and orders are just cancelled.

Archived