Parker Hale

There should be no problem if it's sorted with the FLO-they are in effect the same...but....there is something of an 'administative' difference between authority to acquire a 308/7.62 rifle and either of those calibres specified alone, and not matching up the rifle marking eg a 308 authority against a 7.62 rifle and vice versa. It derives partly from inconsistency,but also FLO trying to be helpful-they will give any of 7.62,308,or 7.62/308 if asked....it's such a common issue that arises later when the actual rifle isn't available at the time the FAC authority is granted.It's also something of a calibre/cartridge thing,but "308/7.62" covers it all;best sort it out-otherwise it will come back to you.

Marty may/not have had 7.62/307 on his FAC in advance...7.62/308 covers it,so no issue at all. Is there any reason you can't ask your FLO-after all,that is the opinion that really matters-can't see a problem,worst scenario is FLO may want FAC authority amended to 7.62 or 7.62/308.....if so,maybe best to comply....or risk at least some awkward issues...why?Ask-may be no problem at all,as it's a distinction with no effective difference,and FLOs will probably agree....on this at least FLO will be on your side...play safe?

gbal

yes , I have one , It's an M82 otherwise identical to the TX1200 which is what I suspect you have .

It might be so, but my P-H 7.62 is a T4 - a civillian target rifle based on a No4 Mk2 action.

Not sure what model it is but its heavy, long barrel, synthetic stock, single shot and very cheap. I will have another look. Only wanted it to start up shooting centrefire rifles and re-learn load developement.

I saw a TX1200 in a shop in Lancashire a year or so ago the stock of which had been painted matt black. I thought that had a synthetic stock, until I was put right by the vendor.

A dealer is selling it for the owner so I can't easily get photos of it. I don't want to appear too keen. When the bolt is drawn back there are two screws holding the action to the stock which is grey in colour.

Archived