Anschutz, CZ & Sako

Dont tell me it shoots well, I deliberated for quite some time over that rifle! :)

shoots excellently,,,as I said it needs a bit more weight I reckon for bench work ,,,just my thoughts,,,,As received the trigger was set up heavy for an Annie match trigger but I understand this was intentional according to Anschutz due to its original intended use.Two spring adjustments and re position of a cam got things to a nice lightweight two stage.....I have refashioned the butt a little as well and reblacked the stippled bits ,,,,will do a pic as soon as able,

I had Annies a llong time ago but were sold when I took up fullbore rifles,,,,,,restarting the love affair on the cheap,,,,at the moment,,,,,,,,OIMG_0175.jpg

I am using a Finnfire Range (an original) to shoot benchrest (Sporter Class) - using R50 and it will shoot the centre out of the target consistantly. The only changes I have made to the rifle are to the trigger (much lighter pull) and a stock to fit the benchrest regs. It is wearing a 12x Weaver scope.

I use a much modified Anschutz 54 for Light and Heavy varmint and this will shoot X rings all day long.

• 1 year later...

I bought a 54 years ago and was into the bondage shooting jacket thing for a few years ,then it sat in the back of the cupboard unloved and un used .

nothing for it but to scope it ,get an adaptor for the rail and put on a fake atlas bi pod ,re finish the stock ,and enjoy .

Its heavy but shoots shotgun cartridge bases out at 125 yards easilly

oh and it cost me £60.00 before adding the bits ...........a long time ago

Think i read somewhere they did a magazine conversion for them , might be worth a look ..

Here is a similar rifle. It started life as a Running Boar 1408 ED Super and is now a Silhouette SBR rifle. When I put the original stock back on, it doubles as a Bench rest rifle and, with a bipod and rear bag, as a "Field Prone sporting Rifle" at 50 Metres for a new discipline we have introduced here in Ireland as part of the Gallery Rifle scheme of competitions.This is the rimfire version of FTR.

post-11899-0-57377600-1498504554_thumb.jpg

If this post has work there should be a photo of my heavy barrelled, 54 (olympic....) actioned Anschutz 1710 DHB

I can't comment on its 100 yard accuracy but it is super accurate to 50 yards with Eley match - I have some targets that I put together for the previous debate on 22lr accuracy which show 50 yard accuracy at sub .5 MOA equivalent but I accept the inevitable and justified challenge that a 22LR at 50 yards and 100 yards are very different propositions so chose to keep my head down - the rifle is not the lightest but a joy to shoot/plink with for accuracy once you accept that the extractor was designed by a sociopath and built by some one without opposable thumbs ..... out of cheese

I am tempted by some of the custom adjustable stocks out there - Gary cane etc

post-14134-0-85660100-1498597363_thumb.jpg

Archived