Best AA rechargeable batteries.

Fishnshoot

Hi lads, looking for help with buying some batteries and a charger for my pulsar x870. I got some from Amazon but they're going back as they're pish.

What have you lads found out through years of trial and error???,

Cheers!

Hi fishnshoot

Ones I have been using to date is the Ansmann 2850 nmh in silver

I think I got them from the battery company

Good quick delivery, I purchased twenty at a good rate

I use them for my nv monocular, thermal monocular, 3 photons and the nv 870 they have performed faultlessly in all of them.

They hold a good quick charge as well

Atb

I chew through AA batteries for photographic purposes and recommend the following:

Panasonic Eneloop Pro 2450mAh - lower capacity than some but the Eneloop function means they hold their charge in between uses, only 15% charge loss over a year. Unlike the very high mAh equivalents.

Fujimax 2800 mAh - good capacity

7dayshop.com 2900 mAh - also good capacity and come with a case

I've bought several sets of 4 Ansmann 2850's from this lot..... one of the originals failed after about 9 months and they replaced the set of 4. :) A result in itself.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ansmann-AA-2850-mAh-Rechargeable-Battery-FOUR-PACK-/330939009093?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d0d808845

But as others have said, the Eneloops and the Duraloks have a good following too. I'm not too worried about holding the charge for months as they get used and swapped on a regular basis in the thermal spotter and the foxpro etc.

atb

Fizz

:ph34r:

I've bought several sets of 4 Ansmann 2850's from this lot..... one of the originals failed after about 9 months and they replaced the set of 4. :) A result in itself.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ansmann-AA-2850-mAh-Rechargeable-Battery-FOUR-PACK-/330939009093?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d0d808845

But as others have said, the Eneloops and the Duraloks have a good following too. I'm not too worried about holding the charge for months as they get used and swapped on a regular basis in the thermal spotter and the foxpro etc.

atb

Fizz

:ph34r:

I've been looking at those very ones, can you recommend a charger for them that's not going to kill them. Ive seen them for sale with a charger to but it was dirty dear £55! Don't mind paying for the batteries but 40 buxs for a charger is a bit much

• 5 months later...

Hi I'm a foxing anorak! I use a Guide Thermal camera and have tried all sorts of batteries as this eats re-chargeable batteries.Eneloope pro 2450 ma,Delkin Devices 2900 ma,BPI NI-Zn 1.6v 2500ma to name a few. If I get two hours running time from a set of four I'm very lucky. The ones I use at present believe it or not are Morrisons (Supermarket) brand 2500 ma. I get 3 hours run time from these.Cheers JAB.

I've been looking at those very ones, can you recommend a charger for them that's not going to kill them. Ive seen them for sale with a charger to but it was dirty dear £55! Don't mind paying for the batteries but 40 buxs for a charger is a bit much

Nitecore Intellcharger i4 great charger for various battery sizes.

http://charger.nitecore.com/product/intellicharger-i4

Hi I'm a foxing anorak! I use a Guide Thermal camera and have tried all sorts of batteries as this eats re-chargeable batteries.Eneloope pro 2450 ma,Delkin Devices 2900 ma,BPI NI-Zn 1.6v 2500ma to name a few. If I get two hours running time from a set of four I'm very lucky. The ones I use at present believe it or not are Morrisons (Supermarket) brand 2500 ma. I get 3 hours run time from these.Cheers JAB.

2 hours? Wow. I'm lucky if I get hour and a quarter. I'm ecstatic if I manage hour and a half. Might have to pop into morrisons.

• 2 weeks later...

AA Batteries

Low self-discharge (crucial)

2300mAh (pretty good - I tested some: Results: 2330 2290 2270 2240 )

£2.99 for 4

Lidl. Labelled as Tronic Mignon NiNH Rechargeable Battery

This puts them up there with Eneloops! After testing a sample batch I bought a bag full.

Just a wee update as I started this thread. I bought some of the ansman2850 and a photo cam 2 charger. I'm using them in my pulsar x870 and they're performing very well. Admittedly I've not pushed they're performance but I've not had them fail on me...yet. The longest I've used the monoc for is almost 3 hours and they still had plenty charge left, probably around half discharge.

Anyway if highly recommend them if anyone is after some.

Just a wee update as I started this thread. I bought some of the ansman2850 and a photo cam 2 charger. I'm using them in my pulsar x870 and they're performing very well. Admittedly I've not pushed they're performance but I've not had them fail on me...yet. The longest I've used the monoc for is almost 3 hours and they still had plenty charge left, probably around half discharge.

Anyway if highly recommend them if anyone is after some.

One issue with them though, one suffered by all the higher capacity batteries: They don't retain their charge. A fully charged battery will deplete significantly in weeks or days

Can't say I've noticed, although I give them an hours fast charge before I go out. Next time they're left lying for a few weeks I'll stick them in the pulsar before I charge them and see what they're reading.

Nitecore Intellcharger i4 great charger for various battery sizes.

http://charger.nitecore.com/product/intellicharger-i4

Hi Andy,

These are indeed brilliant chargers. The D4 is even better. After a bit of trialling and comparing with other chargers we now stock it, it's that good!

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/nitecore-d4-charger-c2x19081489

We're by no means the cheapest for these, but our stock is officially sourced through Nitecores UK distributor so we can be assured they are genuine and safe!

Cheers

Clive

Archived