McMillan Bros Tubb 2000 For Sale Price adjustment

The following rifle is for sale the asking price is not much, I am including the following items
- The Warner rear sight system, plus Tubbs front ladder sight,
- Pelican 1700 Hard case
- Barrel vice and Key
- A few barrels .308,(Palma with 1-13 twist) 308 with 1-10 twist and 6mmBr
- A number of 10 shot Magazine plus single shot block

Serial Number is unique 0308

Since this Rifle was last listed I have not shot it so same information applies.

There is a question might crop up in relation to proofing, I was in touch with the Birmingham Proof house and they can proof it for £19 for the 308 barrels and £28 for the 6mm Br barre. The process is a simple one.

The total price for this Rifle and equipment is E5,500.00.

Would be happy to speak with any interested parties

CompleteTubs.jpg

The Rifle is in perfect condition; it really is a lovely piece of kit and is unique in many ways. It has a polymer piston system which you can change to increase or decrease felt recoil, which can be an advantage when shooting light loads at high velocity. If anybody has any questions please feel free to contact me.
There is a Palma barrel with it, which has had less then 200 factory rounds fired through it.
The 6mmBr barrel has had less, and the standard .308 1-10 twist has had 250 rounds.

Barrel Configuration
All TUBB 2000 rifles feature a hand-lapped Schneider stainless steel match barrel with the exclusive "Tubb Contour." This unique contour maximizes accuracy and minimizes weight -- it's the perfect balance. According to David: "It's a contour where the barrel wouldn't shoot one bit better if it was one bit bigger." The TUBB 2000 was conceived as a "switch barrel" gun -- it's designed to be easily re-barreled by the customer. This feature means that the same rifle can support different calibers and shooting disciplines.

TubbsAction.jpg

The TUBB 2000 was designed by David Tubb, one of the USs top high power and silhouette shooters. After winning 11 national high power rifle championships, David set out to reconcile the inherent disagreement present when a shooters muscular-skeletal system seeks to hold a rigid steel shaft with maximum precision.
Buttstock, cheek piece, for-end, sight position, trigger almost every component of this rifle is fully adjustable so that a shooter can hold exactly the right position across the course of fire. Whats more, the components are indexed so the adjustments can be quickly repeated during a match. No matter how your body is built and what position you are shooting, this rifle will fit you.

Tubbs.jpg

Trigger, Stock Adjustment and Other Features
The TUBB 2000 uses the superb Anschütz® fully-adjustable two-stage trigger (with safety); it's the finest available to the precision rifleman. This trigger can also be adjusted to provide single-stage operation.

The buttstock is FULLY adjustable for length, height, cant (angle), and offset. The cheekpiece is adjustable for height. An easily accessible knurled wheel allows the shooter to adjust the cheekpiece from the shooting position. Shooter comfort is further augmented by an ergonomic pistol grip. All adjustment features on the TUBB 2000 were designed for easy shooter access.

Ref:

Taken from http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek016.html

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All

This listing is to be removed soon, last chance to get a very good deal and an extremely rare piece of Kit, with a nice history for such an unused Rifle. Still waiting for the sweet spot.

Nicholas

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone has post a reply that was subsequently removed (regarding selling non-proofed guns or gun parts or altering proof signs) but perhaps someone could please tell me if there is any problem with exporting a rifle from Ireland to Poland? I know there is no such issue with UK->Poland export (from Dolphin Guns of UK where I was asking for gun build terms about the same time I saw NocholasF add of T2K sale). It is just a bit costly proposition at 400 GBP (air freight cost mostly, I think).

Some time ago I bought quite a few guns from Germany - both long guns and handguns - and it all went smooth and cheap at some 30-40 Euro, then some 100-150 Euro. But there were ground shipping included and paperwork was simple thing - just to send a filled and properly stamped (local police department takes care of that in my country) "Prior Consent To Transfer Firearms" EU official form. You get to pay, send the paper and just wait for the UPS or DHL :-)

Now some week ago I asked NicholasF for the shipping cost and terms and he went silent... I'm afraid that will be all as for my Tubb 2000 purchase, but I asked him previously if he was willing to make an export sale and he seemed to agree... Would be just polite to write me again and decline and call the whole thing off, I think. But then again I'm just a savage from ex-eastern block so I know very little of savoir-vivre ;-)

Archived