Pulsar. NV LRF 870

Sixpointfive

Hi.

Anyone got one of the pulsars latest NV rifle scope with built in range finder

I'm looking to put it on a 222 for 100 - 200 yd shots

I've now looked at virtually all of them it's a toss up I think between the pulsar 870 and a drone pro 10 x

Really need day and night vision

Thought about a archer/ longbow, but apparently they don't like S&B zenith scopes no parallax variation, I have 3 photons ( old and new type) they won't reach to 200 +

Cheers

The LRF870 is the same as the N750A except it has a range finder , Ive used the N750A many times and 200 yard shots are no problem , further with an additional IR illuminator.

I have the original 750, furthest shot so far 187yrds. I knew the ground and roughly knew it was under 200. Stacked on my 22-250... No probs.

I believe the rangefinder function would certainly be handy but I can't justify tradin up when mine does job well enough I'm still getting used to using it and shooting foxes with it tbh. Using it since mid jan. Shot 11foxes with it so far, don't get much time to go out have missed one with it. My own stupid fault for rushing was only 110yrds of (verified after shot) never new I was there could have let it come oven closer.

Live and learn,

I certainly recommend a t50 for it though as this will help massively with identification out further distance and then with the shot, recommend the three stage IR module.

Speak to Skany on here he can sort you out.

All the best

CZV

go for it, i have had one since they came out, been waiting for years for some one to come out with this. you can move round at night from farm to farm and find your 200 yrd range, call them in side and know exactly where to put your cross clean kills 99% of the time. mine is on my AR 15 223 i have had the 870 on now for mounths and never altered zero with my 60 grn BT,s with a light force 170 and ir glass the scope is crystal clear. i shoot of the disco roof all the time so when i have a driver with me i plug in the cable and he watches on the 9 in sceen, go for one mate you will not regret it. all the best pete

o and I have just remembered you can put on the Yukon MPR player and film with it, I personally don't film the shooting, only the owls, badgers. roe deer, muntjac and bats for friends to see, its a hole new world out there at night with night vision.

Cheers guys

Info greatly appreciated

I think I'll go with the model with the range finder as well, it'll come in handy,

If I can get a clear view at 200 it will be perfect for the .222

I'm using the pulsar 850 on the photons, any ideas on the best IR to use. ?????

Cheers.

Get a Drone, the N750 / N870 are very good but lack Mag for CF use without a doubler and adding one causes endless issues with zeroing and holding zero . The Digital doubler instantly loses image quality. I have had both and still have a Drone they really are very very very good.

Not used the N750 or N850 but my drone with 10x is good,my furthest fox was 280paces which was a stretch just got in now and dropped one at 244yards ( I ranged back to the pickup ) I use a nm800 and find its much better than my grade 3 Archer which I struggle with. The idea of a range finder Is realy appealing . A Drone with one would be just the dogs nuts! If your near me your welcome to have a look.

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the info, thanks to Montey going to have a look through one Tuesday night in the field

Settled on the 10 x Drone pro

Downside is I can't find one to buy

Anyone know of retailer who has a new one going. ????

Rare as rocking horse dung I think

Cheers

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the info, thanks to Montey going to have a look through one Tuesday night in the field

Settled on the 10 x Drone pro

Downside is I can't find one to buy

Anyone know of retailer who has a new one going. ????

Rare as rocking horse dung I think

Cheers

Night Vision Gear UK are the only retailers, they are not sold through the shops. Have you rung for an ETA on the next batch? Worth hanging on for over the Pulsar.

You could try a wanted ad on the Nightvision forum.

Minds made up. Drone pro 100%

Just in from a cracking night out with Montey

Perfect piece of kit. .223 with the drone pro on top and looking with a thermal.

I was amazed at the clarity, reticule and distance of the DP. No mistakes on target ID, clear as a bell, way past 200 yards

Just the right kit for the new 222, just got to get the the DP now when available

Montey, many thanks for this evening, I will be in touch for a night out on my patch

Thanks once again, appreciated. 6.5

Not used the N750 or N850 but my drone with 10x is good,my furthest fox was 280paces which was a stretch just got in now and dropped one at 244yards ( I ranged back to the pickup ) I use a nm800 and find its much better than my grade 3 Archer which I struggle with. The idea of a range finder Is realy appealing . A Drone with one would be just the dogs nuts! If your near me your welcome to have a look.

I have a range finder mounted on my Drone Pro, works well out to about 800 yards.

http://www.customriflescopes.com/mountable.html

Armasight will also sell you one that mounts on a Drone and displays the range in the scope as well, expect to pay as much as the scope for it though.

http://www.armasightstore.com/armasight-advanced-modular-range-finder-for-high-performance-digital-and-thermal-devices

Archived