Hi troops.....any one ever made a mirage band...i would like to fit one to my vssf..was thinking of wide elastic that hooks to the rail and one onto the moderator with a bit engineering to accommodate same as the AI one...cheers...

Yes. I use the thicker black chromed bicycle spokes (2.2mm?) bent into a double-T shape in a jig and up to 100mm wide woven elastic band. A robust sewing machine helps as well.

Can upload a pic later.

The one pictured is the TRG one from Vertabrae. I've got a couple of them and they are very good. Fast delivery and easy to use. But the trg already has a stud on the brake.

You can buy rings with a stud that fits on a mod to attach the band too.

Mike..do you have alink to the mody fitting ring as it would save making it...cheers

The one pictured is the TRG one from Vertabrae. I've got a couple of them and they are very good. Fast delivery and easy to use. But the trg already has a stud on the brake.You can buy rings with a stud that fits on a mod to attach the band too.

Alex at Fierce Vinyl in AUS does a very nice range of custom mirage bands with your own logo or text and will ship to the UK for a sensible price. Not sure if she has a website as such however she does have a FB page here:

https://www.facebook.com/fiercevinylbyalex

EDIT - a mention of her work here as well

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2014/08/tech-tip-mirage-shields-they-arent-all-the-same/

AUD21.99 plus some shipping.

I have decided not to go with the mirage band ..i have on order a tab gear sasr mirage cover from tabgear on route...

Looking at the set up of my .223 vssf the band would not sit correctly ...prob dont need it any way just like the look of them lol....

post-11466-0-95758000-1430088905_thumb.jpg

Archived