I think this advert is awesome.....

Guest Stacka

Yes,image isn't everything,but it's well used here.

As it ends,almost any suitable calibre rifle would do..too corny perhaps to have the old/heavy Finn bear model.

If Poldark can get his kit off,to good effect (so I am advised),why not 'real' alpha males?

Now the red hat is interesting-grizzly bear eyesight is not well studied scientifically. I've heard 'ethologists' speculate it would help find ripe berries (not the french style berets) and pandas fresh green bamboo shoots...hmmm,maybe....Bears eyesight is colour sensitive,and probably rather good....

Yupik Eskimoes apparently advise against wearing bright coloured clothing.Tom Smith (Alaska Kalmai National Park) reduced unwanted raids on camp sites by using cammo tents,rather than the usual yellow and blue (for rescue spotting).

The video end was a bit 'cliff hanger' - just tastefully discreet, or just tasty-did the bear get the camera,the hat and the hunter?

It all seemed a bit odd, despite the excellent filming.

going out without binoculars

how he carried his rifle

no muzzle cover or protection

all the new gear

Presumably the Producer made these decisions based on his experience.

Regards JCS

This instantly reminded me of Roe ! ;) Or his twin maybe ...

Now the red hat is interesting-grizzly bear eyesight is not well studied scientifically. I've heard 'ethologists' speculate it would help find ripe berries (not the french style berets) and pandas fresh green bamboo shoots...hmmm,maybe....Bears eyesight is colour sensitive,and probably rather good....

I wouldn't trust the experts as far as I could throw them! According to them, deer can't see red light. And yet, on a couple of permissions near here they clearly can - I can watch them with the thermal or NV for as long as I want. Switch the infra red illuminator on, however, and they're over the horizon before you can draw breath. Sadly, I take that to mean that someone has been lamping them with a red light... :(

I wouldn't trust the experts as far as I could throw them! According to them, deer can't see red light. And yet, on a couple of permissions near here they clearly can - I can watch them with the thermal or NV for as long as I want. Switch the infra red illuminator on, however, and they're over the horizon before you can draw breath. Sadly, I take that to mean that someone has been lamping them with a red light... :(

Not always true, i have roe that are sensitive to IR but dont react to a lamp in any way whatsoever. 99% sure they havent been shot at as i know deer and numbers very well. Antlered bucks seem to be the most sensitive.

Both good films. But this is ad-land, so you can have any ending you like. The Sako man let the Bear go out of respect for it's feral power. The Blaser man was not able to shoot the stag as the sun reflecting off the shiny "professional success" strip on the stock scared it off?

Archived