Food storage - how long will it keep

geek

Amazon delivery was fine, except for the import fee deposit, which I got back after 2 months. Needed to contact DHL to confirm if there was import duty of taxes which there was not and relay this onto Amazon. I bought:

Wise Company 120 Serving Entree Only Grab and Go Kit (15x12x10-Inch/20-Pounds)

Wise Company 60 Serving Gourmet Seasoned Freeze Dried Meat, 60-Ounce

Shipping & Handling: GBP 39.65 for both buckets

Import Fees Deposit: GBP 62.94 (which was later refunded)
The legacy premium cost me 569 euro (one for entrée 120 portion and breakfast 120 portion). shipping fees was 12.50 euro. As from EU don't have to bother with customs or VAT or any of the import fee deposit.
I think the legacy is a lot more value for bucket. The bucket is very heavy and large compared to WISE. I like variety that is why I purchased both. But if I was to buy Entrée bucket again, definitely going for another legacy premium
hope that helps.

Amazon delivery was fine, except for the import fee deposit, which I got back after 2 months. Needed to contact DHL to confirm if there was import duty or taxes which there was not and relay this onto Amazon. I bought:

Wise Company 120 Serving Entree Only Grab and Go Kit (15x12x10-Inch/20-Pounds)

Wise Company 60 Serving Gourmet Seasoned Freeze Dried Meat, 60-Ounce

Shipping & Handling: GBP 39.65 for both buckets

Import Fees Deposit: GBP 62.94 (which was later refunded)
The legacy premium cost me 569 euro (one for entrée 120 portion and breakfast 120 portion). shipping fees was 12.50 euro. As from EU don't have to bother with customs or VAT or any of the import fee deposit.
I think the legacy is a lot more value for bucket. The bucket is very heavy and large compared to WISE. I like variety that is why I purchased both. But if I was to buy Entrée bucket again, definitely going for another legacy premium
hope that helps.

Great work Spartan, but what a lot of trouble for you to go to. I really hope that someone starts to import and sell this in the UK soon so that we can avoid the import duties, refunded or otherwise. How many people are you "catering for" and how much food do you have now?

Was looking into importing WISE Foods a while back, which is why I bought the "samples" to test. But too much problems with Port Health. Suppliers from US need to be EU approved, their suppliers EU approved, need veterinary certs for meat/diary products, too much problem. In my opinion easiest (less risk) and most cost effective is to go with the legacy at this stage especially with the Euro/GBP exchange rate

Thanks for the info Spartan, very useful. Out of interest, have you tried any yet, if so how did they taste?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...