simplyfirearmsandammo

spartan7510

Can you clarify what a 308 AI AXMC buildout would consist of.

I would personally go straight to Sporting Services for any Accuracy International rifle.

If however you want a remmington clone built on the AX chassis then there are a plethora of rifle builders on ukvarminting. All have customers who post here with positive results.

I have never heard of the shop you reference and don't like the three websites they have for one company.

I've no experience of this company, but a quick look at the photos suggests that they are nothing more than an off the shelf Remington 700 Tactical 20" barreled action bolted into an AX AICS stock. I've no doubt that it's a decent enough rifle, but it doesn't seem anything particularly special for that price, especially when you compare it with the secondhand custom rifles in the 'for sale' section here.

has anyone bought from them? Looking to potentially buy a 308 AI AXMC buildout, however not much feedback on the quality of workmanship ect. Would like to hear of others experiences and feedback.

This?

http://www.simplyfirearmsandammo.co.uk/custom-rifles-remington-cz-sako-tikka-howa-walthar-uzi-cmmg-heckler-koch-416-uk-mp5-mp5-a4-mp5-a5-issc-ar15-m4-m-p-1522-10-22-circuit-judge-revolvers-uk/semi-custom-rifles-ukcustom-rifles-remington-cz-sako-tikka-howa-walthar-uzi-cmmg-heckle-1869.html#.VSURMXqAzHg

Unless otherwise described, it looks like a factory Remington bolted into an AICS Ax stock.

Bargain…...

You could have a reworked (blueprinted) rebarrelled Rem 700 with quality barrel fitted into an AICS AX for that from probably any of the custom builders who advertise or post on here.

Ah, but the vital quote ... ... ... "It looks the business"... ... ... the real clincher.

I would personally go straight to Sporting Services for any Accuracy International rifle.

I completely agree. And the service from Sporting Services is very good. I may regret saying this, but don't feel like I'm being ripped off at SS! Where I have by other RFDs, and so have either not purchased from them, or just never gone back to them again.

I agree with the other comments on here too-why pay that price when you can get a lot more rifle from other RFDs.

Wise choice so long as you wanted a single shot

Great choice on the Nimrod. At the Roundhouse yesterday, I coaching a chap with a brand new .308 Nimrod (AX 2014 stock). It's his first fullbore rifle and with only a 10x scope and privi 150gr, within minutes he was consistently hitting 1-2 moa gongs out to 300+ yards. Once his new Vortex arrives, it should be a perfect rifle for the upcoming spring RRC...

The action felt great (although was a bit dry from SS, so needed a quick lube) and the trigger was superb - felt like a Jewel, but cannot imagine it is for the price. Inserting the magazine took a bit of getting used to on the newer stock, but was fine with a spot of practice. Basically a very well thought out rifle for a sensible price :).

The action felt great (although was a bit dry from SS, so needed a quick lube) and the trigger was superb - felt like a Jewel, but cannot imagine it is for the price.

Graeme Clarke told me that the standard trigger on these is a Shilen. I'd be pretty tempted by one of these myself, but I've decided to hold out saving a bit longer for an AT.

If the Nimrod uses Shilen then the trigger will be superb, I've used Shilen on a stalking rifle for years without any problems, every bit as good as a Jewel without the price or issues with dirt ingress if used in practical application

Archived