UKV 1st aid course options plus canine 1st aid

Brummy Mark

Following on from the other recnt post about first aid kits, and the nudge from BD to start a new topic.

Im happy to organise first aid course for UKV members, there are a few options:

A 2 day level 2 REC course, these are certificated and are taken over 2 days. the course is recognised as meeting the requirements of a host of different bodies for its course content and they are well known throughout the UK. Certificated for 3 years.

This is an ideal course for those with no formal 1st aid training, or those who's training is out of date and need to refresh. The course content is quiet indepth and also covers AED use and will include a couple of scenarios for candidates to deal with.

Cost is £170.00pp

1 Day Emergency 1st aid at work FAW, follows the HSE syllabus. £80pp.

1 Day Canine 1st aid, basically what it says, including canine cpr. Cost is £90.00pp

I can also put together a course tailored for ballistic trauma/ penetrating trauma, you would need to have attended a first aid course before, one that had atleast 16hrs contact time, preferably within 12 months so that your skills havent faded. Cost of this TBC based on group numbers, would be a bit more than a standard 1st aid course though.

Maximum numbers on the 2 day course are 12 candidates.

Maximum numbers on a 1 day ballistic trauma course is 10.

Maximum numbers on a canine 1st aid is 8.

Faculty delivering REC course are all qualified MRT intermediate & advanced medics with REC instructors with years of experience managing pre hospitlal emergency primary care in remote environments.

Faculty delivering ballistic trauma management are registered Paramedics, Army CMT 1/2 with operational tours overseas.

Location wise courses will take place in North Wales, Bangor and surrounding areas.

I can run the REC and canine courses over a weekend, or midweek, the ballistic trauma course would need to nail a date down based on work patterns of the instructors, so would be confirmed once I have your interest.

Yes there are many 1st aid providers and many courses, and since the HSE de regulated there are even more 'arthur daleys' setting up offering 1st aid courses straight from a training manual.

I dont want to get into the whole debate etc on this subject, hence why Im offering a REC course, which is very widely recognised for many years by many NGB for its suitability ie RYA, MTA, MLTB, SMLTB, D of E, Girl Guiding UK, Scouts etc etc. Also the faculty actually know what they are talking about, having years of actual experience diagonsing and treating clinical, medical and trauma in a variety of urban and remote mountain locations.

So some options for UKV members, simply post which course you would be interested in and we can take it from there.

Thanks

Mark

Mark, thanks for taking the time to put this information together, but I am having difficulty in understanding all the abbreviations etc AED, REC ??

Need to have a full understanding of this to take to my employers.

Cheers R

Hi Grouse,

REC is Rescue Emergency Care, its a UK wide well established provider of 1st aid courses from basic to advanced levels including the HSE FAW, First Aid At Work ,which most companies and employers have an obligation to send atleast one of their key staff or themselves on a course.

AED is an Automated External Defibrillator, a box that is attached to 2 sticky pads, which are stuck on opposite side of the chest, the box then records and analyses the hearth rhythm before decided whether to give an electric shock, hence the Automated bit, there are lots of these about these days, the NHS is trying to get them in to lots of shops, garages newsagents etc and along with community first responders it may just save the life of someone having a heart attack.

Most first aid providers worth their salt will have a few training AED, and it is use is incorporated in to the first aid course and ties in with CPR, which is the pushing hard on to the chest then giving rescue breath (used to be called mouth to mouth resuscitation, but really its CardioPulmonary Resuscitation).

• 1 year later...

Archived