ATN -X- SIGHT

fivehole

Morning people has anyone used the atn x sight (the worlds first true day and night) all comments good and bad welcome.

Also what are the thoughts on the old pulsar 550?

cheers.

Hi fivehole,

Their claim of being the first day/night scope is a load of old cobblers. :D

The AN PVS 10 came out in the mid nineties, our day/night scope came out years ago, as did the Elcan digital hunter DN model.

You would have thought a night vision company like ATN might know about these other products before making silly marketing blurb claims.

Can't help you on the scope though. :P

Cheers

Clive

I can say positive things about the 750! Extra IR always a bonus. Happy hunter on here has had a 550 for years and loves it. He will prob chip in.

All the best, to many gimmicks for my liking the new photon is a good buy If I was to upgrade I'd get the new n870. Rangefinder can be handy.

All the best

CZV

I can say positive things about the 750! Extra IR always a bonus. Happy hunter on here has had a 550 for years and loves it. He will prob chip in.

All the best, to many gimmicks for my liking the new photon is a good buy If I was to upgrade I'd get the new n870. Rangefinder can be handy.

All the best

CZV

Cheers for the info

Having three exchange units of the ATN X in a two week period

First one reticule wouldn't move

Second one reticule moved when you didn't want it to and zoom didn't work

Third one zoom didn't work

Sent the third back yet again, got money back and purchased the pulsar 750. In a word. Perfect. Decent bit of kit

Apparently they have now sorted most bits out now on the ATN x according to the email from Scott country. ???

Having three exchange units of the ATN X in a two week period

First one reticule wouldn't move

Second one reticule moved when you didn't want it to and zoom didn't work

Third one zoom didn't work

Sent the third back yet again, got money back and purchased the pulsar 750. In a word. Perfect. Decent bit of kit

Apparently they have now sorted most bits out now on the ATN x according to the email from Scott country. ???

That's pretty much what I`ve heard about ATN budget / digital NV , poor reliability/build quality .

In a Nut shell :-

Had one for 3 weeks , used every other day in all conditions .. Sent it back ... Bought a Photon XT = very happy !

There are so many issues with all the add ons & the lack of battery life ( unless you use really expensive ones) , but if you put them to one side & just look at the unit :-

Excellent in day, crap at night... It has a on board auto light adjustment , which IMO is crap.. The main issue or me was that if you were looking through the scope at a large object, the background around it would loose all the detail . Bet example I can give is ..

A field I shoot as a Pill Box on it, if you looked at it you wouldn't see any detail around it = unsafe shot

Where as my pulsar & photon units work fine & you can see past the object to the end of the field some 200yrds further back.

I think the ATN is ok out to 150m after that I wasn't happy ... It also has a Very ' soft' focus that you can adjust , everything you look at, blends into each other. Again, not on my Pulsar & Photon units .

Good luck !

Funny how the battery life question crops up.
Tried to have a look thru' one at the BSS back in Feb.

10:45AM on the Friday morning and the demo one had gone flat.

Good luck with your quest...

XSight = pants. Loads of hype but the truth is as a NV sight its just not very good. Plus its has a whole list of other issues, mainly down to software. Basically don't go there.

The Photon isn't bad just not great. When it comes to NV then performance really matters.

A second hand N550 is quite a good unit but does have lag, and is now very old hat. But real problem with it, and the updated versions from this stable like the N750, is the lack of magnification. Some people fit doublers but they come with their own problems.

The digital units that really do deliver performance are the Add On type: WDV Mini, the NT300 (shed built) and the WDV700; Dedicate type: 2015 Drone Pro. Plenty written about these on the forums, as they really are the best and most cost effective. Sadly, there isn't anything that matches these for pure performance. All rely on direct line of ir to and from the target. The three best throwers are the T20ir, the new T50ir, and the best but ridiculously expensive NM800ir full kit.

There are no signs of any thing to better them for the foreseeable future... next six months... well nothing I can find and I'm into this kit. I prefer the digi to tubed too and use a 2014 Drone Pro and WDV700; they just do the biz with ample magnification and safety backstop.

Archived