AICS Magazine recommendation

DW58

I have a .308 Tikka T3 Super Varmint rifle in a KRG X-Ray chassis which takes AICS magazines. I normally use this with a Bob-Sled single shot adapter, however I'm looking for AICS magazine recommendations which will offer the best COAL and functionality.

efaff2ebcf4eee1e450ef139f47ab7c6.jpg

With another Tikka T3 in an AICS-compatible chassis, I've had excellent results with Accurate Mags magazines, but mediochre results from Alpha Industries mags - thinking of Accurate Mags again.

Looking for suggestions in both 5rd and 10rd please for best COAL?

Thanks - good suggestion, however still looking for recommendation of a good make of mag - what do you use?

Mine are standard aics 308 that I modified for 7 saum. I can't remember what max coal now is but it is the same as my Alpha type 3 mag which also work just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Accurate Mags still work well. Magpul is supposed to have their "AICS compatible" mags out soon (next month?) that are significantly less expensive. That being said, they will be a polymer mag (and all the detractors that go with it).

BTW, nice rig! I have something very similar (Tikka CTR in a FDE X-Ray chassis).

Thanks - I think I've narrowed it down to either Accurate Mags or Alpha Industries. I have both makes in .300WSM for my other T3 (currently in MDT Tac21 chassis). IMO the Accurate Mags magazine is the better made/finctioning of the two, but I'm not yet sure of the max COAL for Accurate Mags' .308 AICS mags - can anyone help?

Does anyone sell Alpha Indstries mags here in the UK? I bought my .300WSM Accurate Mags magazines from RPA, I'm going to contact them after the Easter break to see if they have the .308 mags in stock.

• 1 year later...

As I seem to find best accuracy at greater than SAAMI/CIP OALs I would very much like to mag-feed longer than standard cartridges in 260 rem, 308 Win and 6mm SLR BUT all my rifles use ai mags which limit this.

Just found this thread and wondered if I can get up to date feedback on Accurate mags with no front plate and / or alterations to standard AI mags?

For example....do cartridges feed easily?

Cheers

OK - a year on from my original post, I'm a very happy user of Accurate-Mag .308 mags. I opted for those without the binding plate which allows me to use full-length hand-loads. I am very pleased with these, way better than the Alpha and MDT mags I previously owned.

I was very disappointed with the Mk.1 MDT polymer mags - poorly made and very restrictive in terms of OAL. These are only really any use for factory ammo, and even then didn't feed very well even with high quality ammo such as NRA-issue RWS target.

A big thumbs-up for Accurate-Mag which I purchased from RPA.

Sounds just what I need....do you have to order from USA?

Sorry....just saw your note about ordering from RPA.....didnt they 'fold'?

Was also disappointed with the first 308 mdt 9 shot plastic mag. I got mine March 2015. Sometimes doesn't push the cartridge up and in one case on a driven shoot with about 5 rounds left the cartridges did a summersault in the mag.

edi

Agreed - sold mine on and replaced with a couple more Accurate-Mag. I have A-M mags in .308 Win (10 rd.) and .300 WSM (3 rd.), both work faultlessly, whereas I have a 10rd. 300 WSM mag from Alpha Industries which looks similar to A-M but isn't nearly so reliable.

Archived