DPT or a Hardy mod ?

I've got both Hardy in 25-06 and DPT in 7mmRM, both supress sound well but its difficult to say which is better because of the differing rifle characteristics. Both are well built and the DPT has a lifetime guarantee. However the DPT is lighter and I am more comfortable with it, may try it on 25-06 and see if it works.

Tony

+1.

Or 'they are all rubbish-I had one 20 years ago")

Or "my mate has an 'orse ,never any mechanical problems"

Or "Cheers mate,I've bought a VW,never heard of them before"

Or "There's a very comprehensive review in 'what car"..."nah,want a red one"

Or "Just had twins,budget is £8K" -"get a Bugatti-red ones are fastest"

It's the old "Excuse me how do I get to LIncoln?" ...."Dunno, I wouldn't start from 'ere,meself ".

I have a DPT in 6.5cal, I use it on my 6BR and find it superb. Very light and sound suppression is very good. Size and weight is nearly like a rimfire mod.

You can buy additional baffles/baffle kits if you want to improve sound suppression but I didn't see the need too. Very well made, strips in seconds for cleaning.

BUY what you want , BUT donot expect a lite weight ( Aluminium ) suppressor to last a long time their are no free lunches .

In NZ most shooters/hunters have been obsesed with ultra lite weight cans , forgeting about sound reduction / durablity , and because of that we have had makers go too lite & due to that have had cans blow up / bludge etc .

Going ultra lite in 308 class rds not to bad , ie this amount of gas & pressure seems to be low enough not to cause too much issues , However when you step up to the small magnums , WSM etc and above using the same can material & design that works in 308 , results in blown cans , this can be dangerous , and has already happend in NZ to most makers going very lite , while they replace the cans , this could be a pain to some one living outside of NZ etc.

And I am talking of the lastest current cans , just to be cystal clear .

I would not use alum cans on anything bigger than 308 size cases , if using bigger , I would go for steel / SS / or TI .

Only way to get lite weight is to move to a TI can or a composite can , which has say the 1st , 2-3 baffles made from steel/SS & the 1st part of the tube as well , easy to do on modular cans .

BUY what you want , BUT donot expect a lite weight ( Aluminium ) suppressor to last a long time their are no free lunches .

In NZ most shooters/hunters have been obsesed with ultra lite weight cans , forgeting about sound reduction / durablity , and because of that we have had makers go too lite & due to that have had cans blow up / bludge etc .

This is due to the terrain we have to deal with , very ruggered , very thick bush ,very hilly , ( its not FLAT like Aussie ) once out of alpine areas , few tracks , limited access & long distances , all put a premium on weight carried .

We have NO FLAT , a gentle rolling hill in NZ , is called a MOUNTAIN in Australia , thats my experince of Aussie bush , also the hill was called a mountain on the army map as well .

Going ultra lite in 308 class rds not to bad , ie this amount of gas & pressure seems to be low enough not to cause too much issues , However when you step up to the small magnums , WSM etc and above using the same can material & design that works in 308 , results in blown cans , this can be dangerous , and has already happend in NZ to most makers going very lite , while they replace the cans , this could be a pain to some one living outside of NZ etc.

And I am talking of the lastest current cans , just to be cystal clear .

I would not use alum cans on anything bigger than 308 size cases , if using bigger , I would go for steel / SS / or TI .

Only way to get lite weight is to move to a TI can or a composite can , which has say the 1st , 2-3 baffles made from steel/SS & the 1st part of the tube as well , easy to do on modular cans .

Archived