Robertson gbf stock for ftr

ANDY T

Hi

Could anyone tell me the weight of the robertson gbf composite stock is as I am looking to use it in FTR shooting.

I will be using the below parts.

Nesika Classic single Shot Action EO144 20 moa Aluminuim scope Rail

Bartlein Heavy Palma 5R 13 Twist Barrel - 30" finish un fluted

March 5-50 x 56 Scope MTR1 Reticule 30 mm matched Ring Set

Dolphin Trakker II Bipod

Will this setup make the FTR weigh.

Andy

I have built the odd FTR rifle on the Robertson stock.

The Heavy Palma is quite a light profile so I would say you should be OK but don't go for all that heavy aluminium adjustable butt-plate/cheek-piece with the Robertson GBF - save some weight and money - you don't need it with a rested rifle.

Honestly, you could probably get away with a much heavier barrel. I usually go for a straight taper from 1.25in to one inch at the muzzle.

If you ain't bought the Robertson, I'd have a serious look at Joe West's FTR stock - best you can buy in my opinion.

I've got a Robertson GBF on my .284 and it's a lovely piece of kit. I've also got a Joe West on my Dolphin Nesika F T/R rifle and the finish is top notch. I agree with Vince (TGP). IMHO they are about the best there is for the money. The new finish is amazing and they are lighter than the Robertson.

Have you managed to track a stock down yet , think you might have trouble finding a original stock not sure they are still made

Good luck.

Just weight my rifle it came in at 21 lbs, Robinson gif stock ,30inch heavy barrel, stolle action, 12 x 42 night force scope, Kelby rings.

Archived