20150214_102442_resized.jpg

20150214_114403_resized.jpg

20150214_114349_resized.jpg

20150214_114338.jpg

20150214_114432_resized.jpg

2011-09-29125055-1.jpg

I have for sale my Savage action right bolt / left port FTR rig.

It has a 30" heavy barrel (Bartlien I think , marked 5R underneath) bedded into a thumbhole stock , I don't know the make.

I bought this in 2010 from Stuart Anselm at Osprey rifles , it was a gun he had put together as an interim, while waiting for an action, to use in the FTR season. He sold it to me on the proviso that he could use it at the Blair Athol ? round the following weekend where he set the uk record with it . fortunately he still wanted to sell it to me! He did put it into the current stock as I didn't like the std Savage one.

It will come with the following.

Rifle as pictured ,

Savage action , right bolt left port with accutrigger

30" heavy barrel 1-11 twist

bedded into the thumbhole stock shown

Sightron 8-32 x 56 with target dot

bench source 20moa rail

the bipod shown , which was made by a friend of mine and is nice and light and height / cant adjustable

approx. 150 lapua cases 4-5 times fired and any loaded rounds I may have left

the 60" aim drag bag shown in photo

lee dies .

box for scope and sunshade (a bit battered)

trigger adjustment tool and instructions and Stuarts load development notes

approx. 1500 rounds fired . shoots 185g bergers and scenars with the same accuracy and will shoot sierra 155 's as well group shown is a 5 shot group with 185g scenars / 46.8g N550.

Issues. It doesn't always eject , (new brass is ok but after a couple of firings it stops ejecting) extraction is fine and because it is left port the case comes out with a sweep of the finger.

loading .. there is no bevel at all on the chamber and the bolt wont always close as the lip of the case will sometimes catch , this could be more about my case prep than anything , but I always seat the round into the chamber before closing the bolt.

The left port makes loading and unloading a doddle and I have done McQueen style comps with no probs.

The overall condition is pretty good , the red coating on the bolt handle has some marks and the stainless barrel has some faint marks which were there when I bought it.

I'm looking for £1950 for the lot and would prefer to sell complete initially.

Andy

I remember this rifle consistently whacking the WMS gongs at 1160yds.

It's a steal at this price and knowing Andy it will have been beautifully maintained.

A rifle with a proven pedigree, a decent scope and a super light handmade bipod (I have one made by the same chap).

It seems that rifles are not moving ATM, I reckon you'll really regret parting with it at this price.

Hi John

It looks like i have a buyer for the complete package and I promised another member 1st dibs on the bag if they dont have it.

If it does become available I'll give you a shout

Andy

Archived