IOR valdada

sean223

We'll I've been looking and reading for a while now, about three months. I've read a lot of good things about these scopes especially the glass that's in them and the new reticle looks really good to. They have all the gadgets, zero stop, illum ret and it's ffp. Some people has said that they are as good as nightforce or better?? and a bit cheaper. Do you no much about them?

I had one many years ago I thought it was a well built scope I liked the turrets on them I revolution if I remember right was 24moa very use full as regards what Vince says about repairs I would think he is right on that good luck I would stick with Nightforce and make do with sightron good scope and right money not sure about ffp give John a ring at Aimfeild good bloke

I have a 5.8-40x56 liking it so far...plus u dont have to buy mounts with these they're included....not "heavy" I prefer "robust"...lol

ps. If u want to follow the crowd go Nightforce or Sightron if you want to be different go IOR :)

I'd be interested in a long term review of that scope mate. I do keep toying with the idea of changing my pm2 for something with more mag

Danny/SilverS: Valdada 5.8-40x56 Titan Crusader FFP,Schott glass,illuminated xmas tree reticule,100 moa adjustment,BDC turrets ($89).....much to like...listed at $3695,fairly serious money.

Is it that good?

gbal

Danny: indeed,SS has one,which he clearly likes.Even with in depth semi pro reviews,it usually comes down to +/_ among some very fine scopes,and you take your pick.Subjectively,users just don't agree-and decisions are based on eg reticule...fair enough (of course,assumes some pretty good specs at the price mark,whether needed or not).Haven't seen a 'long term' review,though-or even 'short term',yet!

g

Good points mate every eye is different and one person can look through a scope and see one thing but another guy will see another and hate it. I love my pm2 just sometimes wish it had slightly more mag.

Just got back from the Shot Show. Was very impressed by their scopes at the show. They certainly have some useful features and you get a lot of them for the price even if they are a bit utilitarian.

I think Mark (Walkabout) stocks them too. Worth giving him a shout.

Yep.At least there is choice,and for some,even prices-the Sightron 8-32 is a very good LR target scope,considerably less spendy than a NF.

Some can shoot well,or to their satisfaction ,at 1000 with 25x,and even 10x for plinking;I'd far rather have the option of 40x on a NF for serious 1000 precision,but the pm11 is a superb mid range tactical precision scope.An old 8x56 S&B would beat them all as a poor light stalker! I can see why you'd sometimes like a bit more than 25x (though mirage can be a limiter).Others think 25 is too much.Whether you are uber fussy about brightness /chromatic aberation round the edges etc etc is up to you®/wallet.Most scopes seem at least adequate to my eyes (last few minutes of light excepted).If eg NF-or Leupold -seem dim,then my sympathies-you are blessed with super rods and cones in your retina,and may have to feed them accordingly,a la carte.

Top mechanicals are rather different,if you dial-replicability is essential,and zero stop and such like very useful,as optical brilliance can impair arithmetic ,leading to dial error,(missing,but very clearly). :-)

g

I have a 4.5-14 IOR scope and the glass is fantastic - I fall into gbal's "uber fussy" about chromatic aberration category and have never experienced this in my IOR. In my opinion, the glass is far better than that of Sightron and Nightforce (not that this matters much for target shooting). The turrets seems very good mechanically - my only criticism is that the "hashes" on the elevation turret don't index properly with the reference mark on the scope, but this is not a big deal (and I understand this this problem has been resolved in the newer models).

Have been looking at the ior 5.8-40x56 scope contacted optics warehouse today they are waiting for a new shipment coming in . Seen the youtube clips and am going with what silver surfer told me about his , the optics warehouse are going to let me know when they have them in hopefully soon ;)

Lets just say it's effortless shooting at 300yds...

Ive not had the opportunity to shoot further yet as still load developing.

Scope is fairly new December so it would be a fairly biased viewpoint to review publically...However i'm pleased with the performance so far.

Yes £2500 is expensive for a scope Remember a new PM2 is listed at approx £2800 plus mounts with a fraction of the magnification...yes you will get more money back on a PM2 but remember this,,,,,,Skoda were once mocked too!!!

I had one for years until one day its zoom ring "froze"

E-mailed IOR in Bucharest as there was no importer at that time.

Dan Istodor [ the MD ] e-mailed me back and told me to post it directly to them. It went back and was returned two weeks later with no charge, mended and with new battery and lens caps FOC.

Have no fear on their back up. Its cast iron.

I had one for years until one day its zoom ring "froze"

E-mailed IOR in Bucharest as there was no importer at that time.

Dan Istodor [ the MD ] e-mailed me back and told me to post it directly to them. It went back and was returned two weeks later with no charge, mended and with new battery and lens caps FOC.

Have no fear on their back up. Its cast iron.

Good to hear and re-assuring...

Archived