Remington 700 Mag Conversion

Big Al

Guys,

Can I ask what parts you guys have used, is there an option that makes the most sense?

I only really want the option of a 5 shot. The existing floor plate arrangement feeds the 20BR's well so although I like the idea of a removable magazine I don't want to find I end up with something that won't feed.

Stick with what you have then.

Ive fitted numerous types of AICS compatible bottom metal, which all work pretty well with AICS mags - some are a sloppy fit with the mags..

HS Precision - expensive and doesn't always feed very well, despite following manufacturers fitting instructions.

BDL bottom metal usually is fault free

The magazine system is only part of the equation. There is a lot more to making a BR case feed and extract than just a floor plate.

I have changed the stock from the one the rifle came with to a B&C 2094 and used the floor place that came with this stock, again the rifle feeds perfectly. Whatever other secrets this entails have either been done to the chamber area or the 20BR's don't need much special work due to the lighter weight bullets not tipping so much as the heavier 6BR's? Its feeding 55gr Bergers and 39gr SBK's just fine :)

Either way Im still looking for a place to start with regard to a reliable bottom metal and mag system and it would be worth knowing in advance if these require much work to fit? Any further information guys is always gratefully recieved.

Archived