Winter foxing

Fishnshoot

First time out on Monday with a new 4x4 and new Dipol D128 add on. Staked out a fresh dug earth Id spotted when out crow shooting last week. Sat quietly for an hour trying the occasional squeak, nothing then my phone rings and its Pete wanting to know if Iv got anything.

After 5 minutes waffling I get rid of him lift the rifle turn on the N/V and there is a fox wandering along the hedge line at 90 yards , quick shout to stop it then take the shot, despite a solid thump it takes off like its tail is on fire, runs 40 yards and drops dead. That's the 4th this year from the same small field

And the moral of the story is 'Turn your 'phone off when you're out foxing'...!

And the moral of the story is 'Turn your 'phone off when you're out foxing'...!

I never turn it off, incase any land owner is trying to contact me for any reason, but I put it on silent and vibrate

Gaz

Iv been putting the squirrels Iv been shooting under pest control in a big bag and leaving them a few days.

I then place them in a known running area and leave them.

One of my feeding spots last night had 2 of the buggers taking a good feed....not any more.

I never turn it off, incase any land owner is trying to contact me for any reason, but I put it on silent and vibrate

Gaz

Yeah I think you need it on, my ringtone is a duck quacking, which shouldn't spook much.

The downside is that I do sometimes miss calls when I'm in a place with lots of ducks! :-)

I have had 7 over 3 days lately , all during the day which is cool.

Nothing at all seen during the night though.

I've seen one or two about in the day when out pigeon decoying on the rape over the last couple of weeks, been baiting one up hope the morning brings me some luck :)

Good going keep at them ;)

Gaz

Archived