Black fox.

Dac9976

Hi

I've been out a few times with my new Drone pro with no luck until Monday.

Invited Skany out for a look on some of my ground that I haven't touched for quite some time.

As soon as we arrived he pinged a fox 250 yards away, I got ready as quick as possible I wasn't expecting to see anything so quick.

I set myself up out the window of my Jimny ( tight squeeze, I wouldn't say myself and Skany are small chaps:) ) four sets of eyes at roughly 250yards could be seen through the Drone.

Took the first shot, definite hit then lined up for the second shot, again definite strike.

We gave it a couple of minutes just in case. Found the first one a vixen after searching for awhile, we then stumbled across the second one, he was very dark in colour and a nice size.

Would like to put a phot of him but I know the rules:)

Has anyone else come across very dark Charlie?

Cheers

Danny.

Nice one dac , turn up, shoot yer load , then back home for tea in front of the fire ! :P

I did shoot a totally black fox a few years ago near to my home. He was a good sized dog I had to have a double take as I thought it was my black lab who could have followed me up the fields. Sadly I did not take a photo. I have been told that there is another around at present, I have been searching and shot a very very dark fox the other night. Within a few miles of my home they are always very dark but when I move further afield they revert to the usual colour.

One thing that's for sure the next totally black fox is going to get stuffed !!

I did shoot a totally black fox a few years ago near to my home. He was a good sized dog I had to have a double take as I thought it was my black lab who could have followed me up the fields. Sadly I did not take a photo. I have been told that there is another around at present, I have been searching and shot a very very dark fox the other night. Within a few miles of my home they are always very dark but when I move further afield they revert to the usual colour.

One thing that's for sure the next totally black fox is going to get stuffed !!

100% be nice to keep or maybe worth a few £ to someone

Gaz

Hi Paddy:-)
need to catch up ill pop over for a coffee in a week or so if your about?

Some great shooting there Danny!
yeah was a little snug in the front there mate!

almost a shame they were there straight away as I didn't get time to plug the DVR recorder in!
and the pics didn't really do that fox justice
he was proper weird looking down his bib!

cheers Andy

Hi Paddy:-)

need to catch up ill pop over for a coffee in a week or so if your about?

Some great shooting there Danny!

yeah was a little snug in the front there mate!

almost a shame they were there straight away as I didn't get time to plug the DVR recorder in!

and the pics didn't really do that fox justice

he was proper weird looking down his bib!

cheers Andy

Hi Andy - give me a call if you're thinking of coming over just to check I'm here - it'd be good to catch up! We had a good session last night - we headed off towards some land near Great Torrington and came away with another nine foxes to our tally. Just need nine more before Dec 31st and we'll have equalled last year's total! :)

Hi Andy - give me a call if you're thinking of coming over just to check I'm here - it'd be good to catch up! We had a good session last night - we headed off towards some land near Great Torrington and came away with another nine foxes to our tally. Just need nine more before Dec 31st and we'll have equalled last year's total! :)

Sure thing mate

half thinking next weds

ill give you a heads up if its a goer

almost double figure's is a awesome night mate:-)

cheers Andy

Hell he's some colour and a good size.

There defiantly starting to pair up, dropped a pair last night that had taken a liking to some ducks the dog fox came charging in like somthing demented....

I've seen them paired up 3weeks ago.

Danny.

Sure thing mate

half thinking next weds

ill give you a heads up if its a goer

almost double figure's is a awesome night mate:-)

cheers Andy

Andy - Weds might not be good as it's My Good Lady's Dad's birthday and we're taking him out for a meal...

Archived