Stock

white van man

Hi All,

I need a stock for my M77Ruger MK 1 has anybody had any dealings from "Richards Microfit Stocks"

In The USA . I like the look of them but getting some bad reports.

I have had Boyds stocks in the past but they don't do a thumbhole for my rifle, the thumbhole being the one I quite fancy.

Cheers Steve

I have one, similar reason as yourself as boyds didn't do one for the 595 then. If you want to make life easy for yourself, have access to a dual/random orbit sander, this will allow you to remove the tool marks and give a good finish without the need for breaking down in tears every 5 minutes while crying "whhhhyyyyyyyy". The height of the cheek may be high and you might have to dremel out a piece to allow bolt removal. Don't expect the inlet to be central or straight or for things like recoil lugs to be inlet as well. You will have excess material which alows the shaping of thumb shelves and finger grooves, I took my time with mine and it fits me perfectly, cheek weld is fantastic as is my scope view.

This may sound like a bit of a downer, but with work and time and effort I have the most comfortable best fitting stock I've ever had, picture of mine in my "grassy knoll" thread.

A good sander, a rotary tool and some devcon and you will have a nice stock

The stock in my Avatar is a Richards Microfit stock. It was cheap and required a lot of finishing. I should have taken photos of the raw stock when it arrived. The finished oiled stock looked superb, but I'm not sure I would do it again. If you PM me and e-mail address, I can dig out some photos of the finished stock for you to look at.

Regards

JCS

Archived