Quick fox

Akeld

While working in the fields yesterday I noticed a fox making for a culvert, and I'm currently without a terrier I ventured out, no signs last night with the lamp. During the night the river has risen and so the culvert is now underwater so I set up the high seat overlooking the field next to the nearest strip of woodland.

2014-11-05163636_zps59e98063.jpg

View from the seat (failing light)

2014-11-05164615_zps740718d9.jpg

Tried the foxpro with "pheasant distress" for five minutes but got nothing, switched to "jack rabbit distress", which usually works for me in this area and this small vixen trotted in from my right, nothing spectacular 63 yards

2014-11-05163833_zps3bacb126.jpg

Rifle is my Tikka dropped into its new stock (awaiting paint), and muzzle can, I'm also using Elcho 130 (RS50 or 52) behind 53g Vmax, I tried to avoid the gory, but she was hit through the shoulder and the bullet removed everything above it

Good point Paddy, jackdaws were also coming to roost so perhaps cancelled out the noise of another bird, as for the stock, I like it a lot, the angle of the pistol grip seems to suit me better and the recess is a perfect fit on the rest of the seat, but I might change the cheek piece, it might have been my thick clothing but my head seemed at an odd angle which made the ret appear canted(it isn't, I checked), I have a kydex cheek piece that I might fit to allow me to get my face further other.

Archived