Remington 700 police sirs rail

snakedoc03

Hey folks,

does anybody has experiences with the sirs rail mount system? I own a remington 700 police with a bull barrel and i´m looking for a stock attachment like the sirs system, will this fit my weapon, and if so where could i get it in europe?

just that you know what i am talking about here is a link

http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/rifle-bases/sirs-rail-mount-prod32430.aspx?avad=avant&aid=135323&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-ale

Its the same as the MARS rail system.

The lower section is bedded and fixed (with bolts) to the stock, the upper section with the tri picatinny attached to it encompassing the barrel without touching it.

Useful to attach torches to, if your fitting night vision or a laser to it, then it needs setting very, very carefully otherwise it will be out of alignment.

Ive fitted a couple and they are a bxxxstd to do properly (as in aligned)

I don't particularly want to do another - so long as there are no export restrictions, Brownells will send it direct to you.

you may get similar device from Brugger & Thomet (through Viking Arms in the UK)

I think a manufacturer should be known about the idea to make something easier to fit for the bull barrel remington 700 police and make it easier to install, than the stuff that is already available.

I´m thinking about a mount that could be attached to the bipod mount and replaces it, it also goes all the way around the stock and barrel. at the bottom there needs to be another bipod mount option and on the sides and top picantinny rails.

Any thoughts about that? or is somebody willing to built something like this? I would get one for sure if not more.

I would have thought that the easiest thing to do would be to sell the HS Precision stock and buy one of the new AT AICS, to which you can add AI's sturdy looking night vision bracket and side rails. Or you could splash out a bit more for an AX AICS.

I shoot Mine with Original Stock and its very comfortable for me. And a New stock would be more expensive than a mount

The time to fit the new mount into the original stock could be more expensive than a new stock when you factor in the time taken and cost of the rail itself….

Archived