6br fun

gaz6br

After playing with my mates 223 ackley we got the br's out, not had mine out for a couple of weeks plinking, been busy on the lamp with the rabbits. Anyway I normally all ways shoot the 105's but got a load of 87 vmax so had a change with them, and I forgot how pleasing they was to shoot :) quick check at 150 yards to see if they was still on the money and off we went and got set up.

BDF77EC4-879C-40B2-B434-B1F89577BC1F.jpg

57D855CA-04E8-43F6-9661-0DF6425A4A35.jpg

Two quick shots and for my foxing load at 150 yards that was good enough, things just got better after that. We got set up on the back if my mates truck he was up first, we was shooting down in to a valley of trees 180-240 yards and it wasn't long before a pigeon came in and down it went. I got up then, after a little wait magpies came across, I dropped the first and they just kept coming back I had 4 down with in a few minutes :) then we had a few more pigeons. Then I spotted a pigeon 440 yards sat on top of a hedge with my mate spotting it just went up in a puff of feather and later in the day I did another magpie sat in the same bush 440 yards ;)

Happy days, but I will be sad to see that rifle go :(

Gaz

Gaz you need to get this footage on YouTube , thats sweet shooting my friend , i missed a carrion 390 yesterday - im annoyed as i allowed too much windage !

I would love to get some up on YouTube :) it took me few years to be able to get pictures up lol

Really hope the 6.5 will live up to the 6br :( fingers crossed ;)

Gaz

a deadly ive benn thinking about a 6.5x 47 myself as i used to hunt with a 6.5x55 se was my favovorite call , 17 will have to do for now ,

best off luck with it

Cheers hope I don't need much luck I need it up and running ASAP just hope my ticket ain't long

Gaz

Bigger is not necessarily more damaging on fox. Usually it is but not always and it certainly dumps more energy into them. I picked up a fox this summer bib shot front on, 95gr SBK in a 257AI ,about 160 yards. Not a mark on it, no entry, no exit, just a chest twice the size of normal. I would not have believed that a bullet that size and construction had left no outward sign of its passing.

A

I'm not buying the rifle to form more damage on foxes, I shot 2 foxes this summer with my 6br one at 470 yards and one at 405 yards what I consider plenty far enough for myself. The 6.5x47 is to try hit the deer a littler harder

Gaz

Plus I just fancy that calibre for a change :)

Archived