Thermal Foxing

happyhunter

Good going Fizz,

I've felt like a dog with 2 d*cks since nailing that old dog on Sunday night, he's been on my hit list for months.... The pair last night were just small fry in comparison....

Off to a free range chicken farm tonight where by the sounds of it one of this years youngsters has been making a name for itself,

hopefully a 50grn v-max will curb its appetite!!! It won't get to see a lamp...

Did you weigh/get a picture of the big lad?

I haven't spotted anyone with the thermal on my ground when out shooting but was watching workers leave the local wood yard after a back shift from my position about 860/870 yards away getting into their cars...

Good going Fizz,

I've felt like a dog with 2 d*cks since nailing that old dog on Sunday night, he's been on my hit list for months.... The pair last night were just small fry in comparison....

Off to a free range chicken farm tonight where by the sounds of it one of this years youngsters has been making a name for itself,

hopefully a 50grn v-max will curb its appetite!!! It won't get to see a lamp...

Did you weigh/get a picture of the big lad?

I haven't spotted anyone with the thermal on my ground when out shooting but was watching workers leave the local wood yard after a back shift from my position about 860/870 yards away getting into their cars...

Unfortunately not, I'd left my phone back with the motor.... spoke to the 'keeper this morning and he'd taken a pic (before he loaded it with the teleporter forklift :lol: ) but the chances of me getting a copy of that to my phone is remote as it's never received photos. I dunno, I just haven't a clue why... if I get one sent to me it tries over and over but never gets in, then I get a text after a couple of days saying I can view it online but that never works either. Technology? Huh! :mad:

cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

Fizz-thats a bonus with the thermal-you being able to see what charlie is up to without a lamp and taking the actions to get the shot -i take it you are pleased-

looks like im thermal window shopping-FFS.

Fizz-thats a bonus with the thermal-you being able to see what charlie is up to without a lamp and taking the actions to get the shot -i take it you are pleased-

The very first fox I spotted then went on to shoot with the nv I had watch for the best part of 40mins working his way back and forth through the rushes as i moved into a suitable shooting position, mousing/eating/having a scratch/doing a number two, just acting completely natural completely unaware of my presence, no calling, no lights, no nothing to give me away.

Buy one, you know it makes sense...

I've had it for almost a year now Gary... as Simon says it's a complete eye-opener as far as fox behaviour is concerned and any other wildlife for that matter. I used to think that once they'd sussed you they just legged it but that's often not the case.

Way, way ahead of nv spotters in that you can see as far back into a wood as you have line of sight and just coming back into the best time of year as the cover dies down in the woods. There's been many occasions where I'd have gone home thinking there was nothing about, as they don't have a clue they're even being watched there's no rush, just wait for them to come out into a shootable position. (Gives the adrenalin rush a chance to die down too. ;) )

Helps with the Fox-Pro too in that you're not 'blindly' using it.... and educating something that's just sitting quietly inside the cover unseen by other means.

just a browse back through my posts over the last year will tell you just how much I like it (Which is a lot......especially in conjunction with the Drone :) )

Good stuff,

Fizz

:ph34r:

same here,been looking at thermal since Simon put this thread on.even thinking of selling my shotgun (always said i wouldn't) but hardly ever use it these days.anyone after a blaser f3 ?

Thermal is superb.

Only negative on the Pulsar is the battery cradle.

It's dreadful. Every time I take a rechargeable out for charging I think it's going to break. How such a good unit can be produced with such an appalling battery cradle is beyond me. You'd think they subcontracted the design & manufacturer out to the local primary school.

Prose & cons got my 38s and wouldn't be with out it. Saves loads of time and don't, miss anything.i use mine with a Drone Prox10 and that's great. When I'm out with my mate and we use the lamp, I've found, don't use the thermal, with the same eye as you use on the scope.Makes the eye you use night blind. I've got the recharable flat battery pack. It goes from charged to flat with no warning. I now use recharable battery's in the horrible slot in holder. It's always a pain to get them out with out breaking it. Mine came with a spear one so I've got a second chance! Any one who wants a look is more than welcome , just PM me.

Prose & cons got my 38s and wouldn't be with out it. Saves loads of time and don't, miss anything.i use mine with a Drone Prox10 and that's great. When I'm out with my , and we use the lamp, I've found, don't use the thermal, with the same eye as you use on the scope.Makes the eye you use night blind. I've got the recharable flat battery pack. It goes from charged to flat with no warning. I now use recharable battery's in the horrible slot in holder. It's always a pain to get them out with out breaking it. Mine came with a spear one so I've got a second chance! Any one who wants a look is more than welcome , just PM me.

If the thermal makes your eyes go night blind you need to wind the brightness right down. My thermal doesn't have this feature, so I've fitted 0.9 neutral density film into the eyepieces (it has binocular viewing). That way I can switch from the thermal to the NV and back with no problems.

I use my left hand & eye to spot and right eye to shoot which helps when trying to pick up a moving target with the relatively narrow field of view on the Drone 10x.

As for the battery pack.... I did buy a decent quality Radio Control model charger to charge the complete pack but don't think it gave as good a charge as a normal AA charger. Now I just use a fine electricians screwdriver to lever out the flat plate connector end of the batteries first giving better access to get the tip of the screwdriver under the other end of the sprung connector batteries.

Levering them out past the spring resulted in it snagging on the plastic wrap of the batteries with the risk of buggering the spring.

Cheers

Fizz

Great was going to post my video of fox shot through thermal and bullet exiting but only gone and forgotten password to youtube and the recovery password takes me to 4 questions of which i've never seen before...?? anyone know if you can contact google direct as looked everywhere and nothing.

Great was going to post my video of fox shot through thermal and bullet exiting but only gone and forgotten password to youtube and the recovery password takes me to 4 questions of which i've never seen before...?? anyone know if you can contact google direct as looked everywhere and nothing.

I'm glad it's not just me lol.

I was getting really frustrated with it.

Tell you what forum's are getting very very expensive. Lol

Archived