6mm br

ricky5042

I run my PPC with almost exactly the same load, 29.5gr N133, fed 205m primers except I use a 65gr v-max.

Probably built by Callum as was mine. I also run the same load under 65gr VMax when after fox with it except in rape stubbles. then its Barts, to many stalks about for Vmax. Using BR4s when 205s were short made very little difference.

A

I run my PPC with almost exactly the same load, 29.5gr N133, fed 205m primers except I use a 65gr v-max.

Probably built by Callum as was mine. I also run the same load under 65gr VMax when after fox with it except in rape stubbles. then its Barts, to many stalks about for Vmax. Using BR4s when 205s were short made very little difference.

I've just run this load through quickload, not knowing your load length I took a book spec, the pressure is around 73,285 psi

Redshift

What pressure is the start of the red area ?, 55,000 psi?. Either way 73,000psi is massively above the proof load I suspect.

Looking in my Nosler manual (number 4) I have found loads for N120 in 6BR, with 55gr NBT Max load 24.0 gr for 366fps, with 70gr NBTs 22.5gr for 2925 fps. THESE ARE MAXIMUM LOADS.

LOADING 30GR OF N120 WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY CAUSE THE RIFLE TO EXPLODE SOONER OR LATER.

I am sure Nostler will have this info on their web site.

A

A

IMG_2062_zpsc9799f5b.jpg

IMG_2057_zpsb72e5858.jpg

Had one built for varmints. Krieger 13.5 twist finished at 26 inches. Rem 700 left hand trued action set up to use AI mags, but I actually have a single shot follower in at the moment. McMillan Baker Special stock and weaver V6-24 scope. I load 55gr nosler BT's in front of 33.8gr 8208. Nice and low pressure as our Aussie summers can get a little warm and I dont want to risk fast burning hot powder charges. This load is showing no pressure signs (cratering, hard bolt lift, sticky cases or shiny ejector marks) in 35 degree celsius days so I figure its safe. If I could get more powder in there I could run over 34gr I believe.

Here is a victim that didnt complain much after getting a sleeping tablet up its nose.

Photo%2027-02-2015%209%2032%2056%20pm_zp

IF we had small deer, I would have no issue running a faster twist barrel to hunt with either.

A

It was indeed built by Callum with a Stolle Kodiak action.

Archived