7mm-08 Thor.

baldie

Finished this one last week and its awaiting testing.

IMG_2399_zps221c8c72.jpg

Its a Thor action with fluted bolt and zero Cant one piece rail. Tactical bolt knob.

IMG_2398_zps4b19609c.jpg

The barrel started life as a 32 inch heavy varmint Bartlien. Its now reprofiled, fluted and 18" long. Screwcut 14mm x 1 and invisible capped.

IMG_2400_zps78776f07.jpg

Trigger is a jewel.

The stock is a Manners T5 and has been modified in the bolt slot and ejection port area to better fit the action. Then pillar and devcon bedded.

IMG_2403_zpsf0da1d27.jpg

Paintwork on the action is cerakote OD green and graphite black.

Paintwork on the stock is Duracoat tactical flat black, woodland tan, snow grey and OD green. Its far harder wearing than C series cerakote on a stock. The manners stocks are also painted in Duracoat from the factory.

A very short, pointable rifle that balances beautifully. Can't wait to shoot it.

It should be a perfectly usable 600 yard gun. Accuracy will be just like any other quality rifle.

Its a deer rifle I believe, with a bit of range work thrown in.

Very nice Dave, I'm toying with the idea or a similar rifle for stalking and 600 capable. I had my choice down to either .308 or 7mm-08 but have been leaning towards the .308 for being more suited to the short 18" barrel.

The results of this may swing me back to the 7mm-08 though!

Lovely,,,,7.08 has interested me,,,still does,,, look forward to performance figures from 18",,,,,is 2800 achievable from a 24/25 inch tube with 162,s Dave?,,,,,O

I'm getting 2350 from a 16" barrel and the 208 Amax in my dta srs covert!

• 3 weeks later...

Pitty would love to know what fps is obtainable from an 18" tube with the 162 amax

My "advisers" tell me 2600 is realistic and 2650 max using RL17 but it's a bit temp sensitive.

No doubt it's a beauty but why would someone want to pay the price being asked for when you could have what you want for a couple hundred quid more?

I love it and want it but not for the full asking price ..

Atb Steve

EXACTLY.

If im going to pay custom prices I want exactly what "I" want, not what someone else wanted.

Good luck with the sale though. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived