Lamping

baldie

Agree with both gaz and abolter, my biggest problem lately though is folk lamping where they certainly have no permission and the foxes are becoming very shy, to the point on one of my permissions that one fox pisses of at the sight of the ir illuminator on the nv!

Would love to know who's ratching about during he week, they've been seen and called in but running on false plates. As I lamp 99% on foot I think thermal is the way forward. Although nothing quite beats calling a fox in from a fair distance using the edge of the beam to track it in, settling for the shot, gently dropping the beam to light up the fox and squeezing the trigger to hearing that resulting thump of v-max connecting with old Reynard... Magic.

I was going to have a night in tonight but reading that I might have to go for a sneaky look somewhere now :)

You can't beat it ;)

Gaz

I was going to have a night in tonight but reading that I might have to go for a sneaky look somewhere now :)

You can't beat it ;)

Gaz

Once I'm fed that's exactly what I am on with Gaz, been baiting an area for a week and I feel tonights the "night"... :-)

Once I'm fed that's exactly what I am on with Gaz, been baiting an area for a week and I feel tonights the "night"... :-)

Lol just filling my face ;) good luck :)

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

Still use The lamp. There's nothing better than a fox running into the call under the light of a lamp. I have night vision as well but rarely use it. If a fox is lamp shy -fair play to it.

By myself its NV that's Thermal and Drone but when out with mates we use my thermal my drone and lamp. Once you've used thermal it saves so much time, you can't begin to lamp, and spot any were near as quick as with the thermal. I go out with the thermal just too have a look round. On our own ground I had no idea what was there compared to using the thermal, it opens up a new world!

Archived