Lovely afternoon out with the rifle.

247sniper

i guys,

Went out yesterday afternoon with the rifle for the first time in what seems like ages. cry.gif

I only taken two shots for two rabbits, there seemed to be loads about, but they were all sub 150 yards. As i had my long range tool with me I thought id save them shorter range fellas for one night in the week for me and my dad with the rimmy and air rifles.

Ended up taking just the two bunnys for the pot, they weren't long range by any means at only 225 yards but the wind was the bigger problem. 15-20mph winds. Dialed in the windage adjustment needed and recorded from my data and the high BC 80 grain Amax's did the rest hitting their mark with precision. wink.gif God these bullets are so stable in the wind, I had them out to 800 yards in the wind a few weeks back and wow! eek.gif

Please note, the old derelict abandoned buildings were walked through and empty, apart from a pair off chuffs. smile.gif

Here is the video for you guys to enjoy.

http://youtu.be/OMWOMcWjTgM

Steve.

Steve, are Hornady discontinuing the 80Gr AMax in .223?

Not that I'm aware off, I believe they are temporally suspended like a lot of AMax/Vmax.

I have a couple of thousand to keep me going in the mean time.

Steve.

Good to know your fully stocked! :-)

Yeh too right buddy.

I have just checked actually, they are available again by the looks off things.

Steve.

Good! Can still use the ones I have once I've re-barrelled! My 1in9 doesn't like them... 70Gr VLD's is what I'm currently using!

Yeh 70 VLD's have a good BC. I have just sold some to SirSlotsAlot for his new custom fast twist 22-250. The 80 actaully have a higher BC the advitiesed, confirmed by several shooters and experienced ballistic experts.

Plus the expand better then the VLD's ;)

When are you due a rebarrel?

Steve

My 1in9 doesn't like them...

Yeh, the 80 AMax's are to long for a 1/9, even a 1/8 is marginal, thats why I went for a 1/7 twist ;)

Archived