Hot swap stocks/chassis

Are there any issues with swapping out a custom action that has a bedded stock and floor plate bottom metal into a chassis system with mag back and forth? I'd have thought with the bedding in the sporter stock if I was carefull to match the torque setting it's should be harmless and quick enought to do?

Just unsure about it casuing feed issues or wear on the action screws?

I'm not expecting it to keep zero and this would be done after each change just wondered if anyone does this and are there any pitfalls to doing so?

The obvious issue is that the"chassis stock" is not machined to the same radius as your custom action - V blocks, even AICS perform better with bedding.

It would be on an individual basis wether the action to chassis interface is poor, good or indifferent.

Try it an see - tighten down one end of the action in the chassis - is there any gap at the other end ?

If there is, any tightening all cause flex on the action or chassis (or bo.th) affecting accuracy.

Hope this makes sense

It does indeed, thank you.

If both stocks were beded to fit then and the action screws set to the same torque each time it shouldn't be an issue?

No It shouldn't be an issue and you shouldn't have to rezero between swaps

Archived