Grays of Inverness Stalking Telescope

Bought this on a whim a few years back and I'm just not getting the use out of it.

Grays of Inverness 3 Drawer Stalking Telescope.

Almost like new condition.

Great for spotting beasts on the hill before starting your approach.

£850 posted

My goodness, there's a blast from the past - I remember Gray's of Inverness well, they used to have a shop in Union Street which is now a bar called "Gunsmith's". The resident gunsmith was great at doing quick "on the spot" repairs as well as more complex repairs etc., a real traditionalist with a leather apron.

Gray's was one of the last of the old-time gun-shops, run by Mr Gray, a dapper little man who had been a Brigadier in the Army and was a massive Mauser enthusiast, being responsible for the large number of Mauser 66 rifles found in so many estate gun-rooms. When old Mr Gray retired, his son continued to assemble Gray's Telescopes to order, not sure if new ones are still available.

• 1 month later...

When old Mr Gray retired, his son continued to assemble Gray's Telescopes to order, not sure if new ones are still available.

Indeed they are, they were bought over by Grahams of Inverness some years back, still available only through Grahams I believe. New about £1300 now.

• 2 months later...

Bought this on a whim a few years back and I'm just not getting the use out of it.

Grays of Inverness 3 Drawer Stalking Telescope.

Almost like new condition.

Great for spotting beasts on the hill before starting your approach.

£850 posted

Danpod,

Do you still have Grays Telescope.

Long drag

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

Does anyone have a Grays 3 draw Telescope for sale.

Hi, I have a three draw Telescope for sale. Belonged to my Father who went deer stalking.

Immaculate condition, serial no: 1397, boxed. Can send pics if interested, asking £1,000.

Hi, I have a three draw Telescope for sale. Belonged to my Father who went deer stalking.

Immaculate condition, serial no: 1397, boxed. Can send pics if interested, asking £1,000.

it is a Gray & Co.

Immaculate condition, serial no: 1397, boxed. Can send pics if interested, asking £1,000. it is a Gray & Co.

Hi,

Do you have photos.

Archived