Good 2 evenings Foxing

nigel

We have got our birds coming next week so fri evening just before last light parked up the pajero got in the back seat opened up the moon roof fantastic to shoot out of and waited for mr fox .One appeared just 50 yrds from the pen nearly dark now but could see it clear as a bell with zeiss 6x24x56 scope but the dame thing would not stop still to take the shot.was chasing moths and crane flys i tried calling using 3 differant callers he wasnt interested .It was dark now then he made his mistake he stopped for a pee bang strike one fox shot another in the other field using a nightmaster 800 with red led good light Went out again last night for a couple of hours on some other ground i shoot on shot 3 more in corn stubble fields.One was eating blackberries he was doing a better job than my wife picking them, will give it a good few session this week

We have got our birds coming next week so fri evening just before last light parked up the pajero got in the back seat opened up the moon roof fantastic to shoot out of and waited for mr fox .One appeared just 50 yrds from the pen nearly dark now but could see it clear as a bell with zeiss 6x24x56 scope but the dame thing would not stop still to take the shot.was chasing moths and crane flys i tried calling using 3 differant callers he wasnt interested .It was dark now then he made his mistake he stopped for a pee bang strike one fox shot another in the other field using a nightmaster 800 with red led good light Went out again last night for a couple of hours on some other ground i shoot on shot 3 more in corn stubble fields.One was eating blackberries he was doing a better job than my wife picking them, will give it a good few session this week

You've highlighted why foxing can be difficult at this time of year - namely that there is so much wild food around that they don't need to respond to a call. Anyway - well done!

Nice ;) we don't call much this time of year with big stubble fields we spot a fox in the lamp, then drive straight towards it in complete darkness stop when we think we are in range, rifle at the ready bring the lamp down nice and steady (not to slow) just enough time to get the dot settled for the shot then time the light is fully on your pulling the trigger :)

Gaz

Sweet nige ;)

Archived