The ATN X-Sight HD digital night vision riflescope

Guest Stacka

Has any one seen or heard much about this?

Seems cheap, with loads of functions.

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products-ATN-X-Sight-Digital-Night-Vision-Riflescope-Smart-HD-5791.htm

I saw it on their stand at the CLA, it certainly worked well in their tunel

Mike

Guest Stacka

i think its only just been released across the pond.

im debating weather to pay £50 to reserve one or just bite the bullet and buy a Drone Pro 10x

Looks good, lots of unnecessary functions but some good ones too! These need watching as there is potential there. Any idea of recoil tolerance?

I would be wary until a few have released in the market and tested, and no the yanks do not have them yet.

ATN do not have the best rep in the world and the delivery date has already slipped more times than Jordan's knickers.

Lots of features, some good and some pointless that will just chew batteries. The zoom function is all digital as well, it should work properly as the sensor is HD, so the image is not being scaled up like on the N750 but I have yet to use a digital zoom that actually delivers on its promises.

That is a prototype and the article clearly states it's not available yet!!!!

Scott Country had a prototype on their stand at the CLA.

I still have not seen any video that was taken at night which is what we are really after.

Proof will be in the useage

Throw IR at it be interesting to see what it can do

Same problem as my drone pro I bet..... Cheek wield ..... Too high

Thankfull for they karsten cheek pieces I ordered!

Paul

Spoke to Scott Country, was told that they are still doing testing with aftermarket branded IR ... The Night Master. They have been told that shipment all being well will be in October and Scott Country are keeping their fingers crossed for that.

Personally I'm not going to order one until I have seen night capabilities, seems to have a lot of unnecessary gimmicks on, but very handy internal wifi and recording.

We will see.

CZV

Guest Stacka

That is a prototype and the article clearly states it's not ready yet!!!!!!

All right keep your knickers on, it was merely a interest article for folks.

Iv ordered one on pre order through Scott country so see what it's like when it gets here.

• 4 weeks later...

I called Scott country regarding the atn and had a chat , chap I spoke to said approx 200 mtr detection range ish but they had yet to do a proper test . so I'm just holding onto my £50 note till it's been confirmed against a few other scopes back to back by which time the first batch will have sold out and it'll be Christmas 2015 lol

• 2 weeks later...

Had a email from Scott country today. My X Sight will be here the second week in October.

Iv seen the NV videos and I can say with a IR illuminator added you are looking a t a Easy 600 yard detection.

There are a few cutting around the aamerican forums, when I get home I copy a link on this thread.

In a few days time Scott Country will release the official test on Facebook, it's a spectical to behold.

Detection range and recognition range where you can place a safe shot is wildly different in terms of NV.

If proper recognition range is 200m and then allowing you to detect anything in the backdrop out to 600m then this will be a handy scope indeed, providing there is no system lag with all the processing going on, then it might as well be a door stop .

Looking forward to seeing the vids.

Cheers

Clive

• 3 weeks later...

I have one on order ... Haven't heard anything yet ...

which one are you going for?

it will be interesting to compare it to the Drone pro which is one of the best Digital units at the moment .

Archived