Fox Target

Guest Stacka

i used a vixen[shot] laid it on a piece of ply and drew round it -cut it out with a jig saw and use that as a template .had to wash a bit of claret off though.

there is only Gary who could come up with some thing like that Vince

Yup ... the one and only !! This a 'good one' though even by the man's standards. :) :) It's as well you didn't ask him to make the 1,000yd comp gongs Vince .... He'd likely have shot a jellyfish and used it as a template.

"necessity is the mother of all daft ideas"

i have sent the ply template to the patents office-so far they havnt got back to me!

im booked to go on DRAGONS DEN next week -then we will see who is laughing when there all falling over themselves to give me money .if Deborah Meaden wants to make me a offer i will take it in kind from her ;);)

i have sent the ply template to the patents office-so far they havnt got back to me!

im booked to go on DRAGONS DEN next week -then we will see who is laughing when there all falling over themselves to give me money .if Deborah Meaden wants to make me a offer i will take it in kind from her ;);)

And for that reason "IM OUT"

:lol::lol::lol: how does youyr head work,awesome

if Deborah Meaden wants to make me a offer i will take it in kind from her ;);)

Gary you need to get down to Specsavers buddy, :) novel idea though.

Good luck with the business venture, "this time next year Rodders"

" The targets were life sized paper foxes traced from a longitudinal section of a real fox,and mapped with internal anatomy."

"Wounding rates in shooting foxes' Journal of Animal Welfare" 2006

Gary,your methodology was not so quirky after all,though perhaps not original.For your erstwhile critics,however good natured,some humble pie is on the menu-(alas,no fox recipe seems to exist.)

Those pesky academic researchers have been there,done it ,got the t shirt...yet again. :-)

gbal

Any one know where i can get a 1:1 scale target of a fox.

Or at least a paper outline to work with.

Hi Stacka

I'm sure I have a pdf one on file somewhere send me your email and I will send it to you

Geordie

Any one know where i can get a 1:1 scale target of a fox.

Or at least a paper outline to work with.

Hi Stacka

I'm sure I have a pdf one on file somewhere send me your email and I will send it to you

Geordie

" The targets were life sized paper foxes traced from a longitudinal section of a real fox,and mapped with internal anatomy."

"Wounding rates in shooting foxes' Journal of Animal Welfare" 2006

Gary,your methodology was not so quirky after all,though perhaps not original.For your erstwhile critics,however good natured,some humble pie is on the menu-(alas,no fox recipe seems to exist.)

Those pesky academic researchers have been there,done it ,got the t shirt...yet again. :-)

gbal

George-not original the idea was shown to me by a well known terrier man who shared his vast knowledge of vulpes vulpes.

he used the same target to practice with -there is not a lot of target area to allow an instant kill -its actually about the size of a beer mat you need to hit this vital area to be certain they dont -run off and dont suffer from a wound.

i still practice to hit this vital area.

no gave me a t shirt though ;) .

George-not original the idea was shown to me by a well known terrier man who shared his vast knowledge of vulpes vulpes.

he used the same target to practice with -there is not a lot of target area to allow an instant kill -its actually about the size of a beer mat you need to hit this vital area to be certain they dont -run off and dont suffer from a wound.

i still practice to hit this vital area.

no gave me a t shirt though ;) .

Gary,the article is entirely consistent with your experience/observations,and largely incompatible with posts on here,though one wonders quite what criteria were used for the 'expert shots'.Unlikely to have been 'deserved his fly patch',though drosophila control has not been researched...yet...if you hanker after one these elusive/exclusive t shirts ...

george

A useful site for creating life size posters from A4 sheets... stick the pages to ply and jigsaw out...I then cover my targets in brown parcel wrapping paper easy to patch up target once shot with a glue stick and brown paper the rougher they look the better.

http://www.blockposters.com/

• 5 weeks later...

A useful site for creating life size posters from A4 sheets... stick the pages to ply and jigsaw out...I then cover my targets in brown parcel wrapping paper easy to patch up target once shot with a glue stick and brown paper the rougher they look the better.

http://www.blockposters.com/

Now that is neat!

Archived