6.5x284 Norma Ammunition - Where to buy?

pengo

Hi chaps,

Can anyone tell me where I can buy some 6.5x284 ammunition, within a 50-60 mile radius of Chesterfield, please?

I am due to collect my new rifle soon and I want to get some factory ammunition to shoot the barrel in, as well as get me started until I get all my reloading gear together.

I will also be in the Goole area on Wednesday and Yaxley, Cambridgeshire on Friday if anyone knows of anywhere around there as well, I would be grateful.

I'll possibly be in the Heckmondwike area very soon as well.

Has anyone any idea of prices as well, please?

All help greatly appreciated.

Cheers. Paul

You are going to struggle with this one Paul.

I thought HPS did 6.5-284 but they don't list it on their website - and of course, they're at Bisley.

I know you just want some to shoot-in your barrel but honestly, it would be better to invest the money you'd spend on 100 rounds into getting your reloading under way. (Price? I would guess around £2 per round!)

All the components, dies, brass bullets etc are available from Hannam's Reloading nr. Leeds.

Norma is the sole manufacturer and is imported by RUAG Ammotech UK. The market for 6.5-284 factory ammo is very small limited mainly to a few company users who cannot use handloads for health & safety reasons. There are two products listed, a 130gn target version and one Oryx bullet expanding job.

http://www.ruag.co.uk/products/92-65-284

RUAG won't sell you ammo direct, but will advise prices (which will hurt!) and how to order through a retailer, whether it's in stock or needs to be ordered etc.

Perhaps surpsrisingly since it makes the most widely used brass for the cartridge, Lapua doesn't load ammunition.

As TGP says, this is basically a handloading proposition. If you want to shoot 6.5-284, you handload, as simple as that.

You are going to struggle with this one Paul.

I thought HPS did 6.5-284 but they don't list it on their website - and of course, they're at Bisley.

I know you just want some to shoot-in your barrel but honestly, it would be better to invest the money you'd spend on 100 rounds into getting your reloading under way. (Price? I would guess around £2 per round!)

All the components, dies, brass bullets etc are available from Hannam's Reloading nr. Leeds.

Hi Vince/Laurie,

Thank you for your help.

I have got some stuff on back order from Hannams, so I guess I'll just have to sit tight for a while.

Whoever said this target shooting malarkey was going to be easy....lol

Cheers. Paul

Paul,

What exactly are you short of? I have a 6.5-284 seater die (Forster) and 24 brand-new Lapua cases and a new box of Lapua Scenar 139gn bullets.

All you need is some Vit N165 powder (Fox Firearms or Hannam's), primers and a press and you're shooting! If you don't have a press, Fox do the Lee Cast Classic.

Archived