foxpro spitfire

Tony.H

Get an SD card reader to plug into your computer and go onto the foxpro website... they've got utility programs there for both pc's and Mac's.

Fairly straightforward..basically you just create a new file of sounds and transfer that to the card....nb the sounds start at position 00 not 01. I updated one of my sd cards a couple of months ago without getting my knickers in a twist! :lol: Always good. ;)

This was on my Spitfire and I needed a stereo patch lead, ie 3 contacts, to update the handset with the new names.... I 'think' it's 3.5mm each end??

Cheap but decent SD card readers can be had from the likes of 7dayshop.

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

cheers fizz..

nothing came in last night to it, i got a bit paranoid so started using my hand for calling, still nothing so i went home.

what calls are working for you at the minute fizz?

tony

Guest Stacka

cheers fizz..

nothing came in last night to it, i got a bit paranoid so started using my hand for calling, still nothing so i went home.

what calls are working for you at the minute fizz?

tony

Mate i wouldn't worry, im having no luck using my spitfire. Mines not pulling in anything at the moment.

Im hoping the winter will bring a more desperate fox.

, i wouldn't worry, im having no luck using my spitfire. Mines not pulling in anything at the moment.

Im hoping the winter will bring a more desperate fox.

What calls you using I've shot plenty over my spitfire and my new firestorm

Gaz

Used juvenile fox cub other night nowt till last bit of light then one shot out of the wood like its arse was on fire ,stopped caller it sat straight down like id blown my stop whistle bang nowt after that ,cut some more grass so out tonight if it stops raining

Fox cub distress has been fantastic these last 4-6 weeks, get close to the den and I've had dogs and vixens within minutes running at me, it's been my number one call.

Fox rally or fox squal I had best results in the pairing up time

Use animal distress more in winter mounts when there hungry and set on hunting for them selfs

Gaz

tried the cub disstress, as id shot one the week before, prob i need more patience, when i put it on the horses in the next feild were snorting, they did not seem to like the cub disstress one...mind it does sound like murder.....

i went about 10.30 last night, i normal like to get set up before sundown, but the fields have been alive with these massive ginger hornet type things that come for you just as last light comes..there about the size of a large bee, they seem to come out the ground where the wragg wort is, its unnerving, but with half an hour there gone, so ive been waiting till later.

Iv had nothing on both, im out tonight so ill see what i get again. what time do you start calling from.

Soon as I'm set up, this time of year, anything from 4am in the morning till 9am ish. Evenings normally anything from 7pm till when ever.

Use it in short bursts, I normally play it for 5 mins then turn it off for 10-15 mins or so and try it again.

Listen to surrounding wild life this time of year especially, with everything having young about there alarm calls will soon let you no when to turn it on as well ;)

Good luck

I'm out if it stops hammering it down :(

Gaz

Over the last few weeks I've had them coming in to the usual yell and to the cub distress.... also had one come in to a rabbit/hare distress and it sat at the field edge watching 'til I turned the call off before it went for it... helped that a couple of hares had come into it from the other direction. It got almost to it before it looked at my motor (must've got a bit of my movement on the mirror) and I could see it thinking "Hmm..... that wasn't there last night"

The cubs on consecutive nights were shot at 9.30 but I shot a D&V 2 weeks ago at last light 10.15/10.30 which is 19 foxes since Boxing Day from that one seat.. 12 of those have been pairs on the same night apart from one on consecutive nights. Weird... unusual?

's me

Fizz

:ph34r:

Been out this last few nights and had just the 2, the spitfire is working very well but i can not for the life of me use the call programer,???

i have 3 cards and would love to take the ones i use the most from all three and have them on one card, this would save me from changing the card in the veh, i have a card reader/writer and they seem to move over from one to the other but it fails when i place it back in the unit, IE:the calls do not come up in the hand controller,

very frustrating as i love the unit and have fitted a external speaker to the TD4 'under the bonnet' and it does the job,

i think i need to keep trying this card thing as i have dropped the card once or twice when changing it and its a pain trying to find it without damaging the card.

RSC

Guest Stacka

where do you get the call tracks from?

You need a patch cable, (which i can make or pick up from Maplins)

when im home for the weekend ill come and do yours if you give me some of your tracks.....ill bring my laptop and ill do it as a one'r

where do you get the call tracks from?

You need a patch cable, (which i can make or pick up from Maplins)

when im home for the weekend ill come and do yours if you give me some of your tracks.....ill bring my laptop and ill do it as a one'r

Hi staka

I have about 100 calls some are doubled up and guess what.............

i managed to get it done today, 2 new sims and the job is done, so i now have 4 sims with a mix and match of all the calls i like to use.

if im about this weekend your more than welcome to pop up mate.RSC

Fox cub distress has been fantastic these last 4-6 weeks, get close to the den and I've had dogs and vixens within minutes running at me, it's been my number one call.

Fox rally or fox squal I had best results in the pairing up time

Use animal distress more in winter mounts when there hungry and set on hunting for them selfs

Gaz

100% agree with Gaz on this one! ;) ..Had a dog&vixen this morning using cub distress..all within 15 mins of setting up..out at 5am..back by 6.30..job done.

Glenn.

I have around 200 calls on sd card that I lent out on Bit cheeky, don't you think?

Pm me your address and I will post you but please return it

Atb steve

Wounder if it's the same 200 calls on mine, or anything different .

Gaz

I'm not listing them all that's for sure lol

Guest Stacka

third night in a row, three different locations......nothing coming to the spitfire.

Either wiltshire charlie is wise to it, or im doing something super wrong

Staka

what i do is get set up and play the chosen sound loud for about 5 seconds, then drop it back to being low, scan for eyes etc from time to time.

the other thing i do is not to keep changing the calls to much in the one spot if there is little or no interest, if you keep changing all night then they will loose interest,

i use it from the top of the truck on the sun roof. or i run it in the cab with the under bonnet speaker, or in small areas i place it down range on top of a post so that i can see it and the call will carry further than it would if its placed on the ground.

ps: wiltshire foxes are smart.just like the rest of them :)

RSC

third night in a row, three different locations......nothing coming to the spitfire.

Either wiltshire charlie is wise to it, or im doing something super wrong

its just the way it is sometimes.

Then theres times you just tip up, get out the truck and one is stood there waiting for you.

Archived