Big lad

happyhunter

Just for a change I was out after Charlie and his family last night after a busy few weeks at work... I was given word of an earth with a litter in with a large adult fox seen about earlier in the week. Not finishing until late last night it was 11.30pm before I got to the ground with my trusty t3 in .22/250 and lamp. Been pretty tired and wanting to mop up as quickly as possible the foxpro was set out 80 paces away and I let rip with cub distress for 30seconds paused for a minute or so and on for 30seconds again, this had an instant reaction from a vixen about 350yards to my left and she came steaming in screaming her head off. At 90 odd yards she collided with a v-max.

image_zpsf9fcbfc1.jpg

Three decent little foxes followed and also met Mr v-max. Only after the last shot when I swung the light round to the right did I pick up the massive set of reflectors beaming back at me some 200yards out and moving at a fair pace to the left heading towards an old farm track.

The field he was crossing was almost knee high in thistles and rushes so as he reached the track I gave a long lip squeak and he pause long enough to get a round into his ribs dropping him on the spot.

After checking nothing else was about I made my way over to the vixen then cubs (two dogs one vixen) then onto the track where the dog fox lay at bang on 175yards, and what a big lad he was longer than the t3+mod and just shy of 241/2 lb! A real decent fell fox by any standards.

image_zps05c31866.jpg

Best thing was it hardly took 20minutes to clear the lot so after a 30min wait checking I was sure I had dealt with all the cubs I headed back on the track to the farm on foot lamping all the way with nothing else seen. Driving the 25miles home I almost splattered a cub as it ran out of a drive way on the edge of town!

Just as quick tonight lol, me and my mate got set up on a quarry at the back of a free range chicken farm, within minutes a vixen poped out the bank so a quick head shot job done ;)

773D0666-85D7-48DD-8D16-4976587B4954.jpg

Gaz

Keep at them :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived