Angry Badger

Guest Stacka

Guest Stacka

Last night there was a lot of Badgers about, probably due to the showers.

I was set up in a bushy area looking down in to a valley on the estate. When I flicked on the night vision I and scanned I noticed a large badger and three cubs (if that's what smaller badgers are called)

Thought to myself the farmer won't be happy, but what are we to do. Any way to tend find a badger about usually means a fox will be about too.

Any way I gave a soak period and then turned on my foxpro to screaming rabbit.

With that the adult badger turned around and ran towards me, by passing the call and made a beeline directly to me grunting loud.

She was pissed, I reckon if I'd been accessible to her her I'd have a chunk out of me...

...has any one ever had this, or been charged by a badger?

Yep, once was while lamping on foot. I heard a bit of rustling in the grass, flicked the lamp on and there was a badger. Kept on coming until it got to within about 3 yards, at which point I thought it best to let out a roar. Bit of a brown trouser moment.

Guest Stacka

Luckily I was in a stack of tyres. So I didn't need to make a noise. But I was wary about crossing the field in complete blackness

Had one run over me as I was laying in a field, not sure who was spooked the most the badger or me. It left two muddy claw prints on the bum on my trousers. (and nothing else before you all start)

To be honest I doubt the badgers even realised you were there - their eyesight is pretty poor - they work primarily on scent.

The fox call obviously upset the sow and set her off, but I doubt she was after you.

In a previous life, I spent many years targeting badgers for the government and I only ever had 1 slightly hairy moment with a stroppy one.

Sorry that was meant to say i was out one evening waiting for the bunnies to come out when out popped a badger no more than about 30ft from me, so i got out my camera i take to film other wildlife to show the wife when out shooting and started filming the rest is on my video clip on youtube under badger attack its the one by bronzehunter .Ok it never got me but you could say it scared the sh-t out of me when it bolted towards me try and watch to the end of clip.

I once had a badger come charging in from about 400 yards away and rugby tackle my Foxpro, which was playing the fox cub distress call. Had the sound been coming from a real fox, I doubt it'd have survived the encounter as Old Brock clearly meant business...

I've had one come strate towards me when out with the night Vis and sticks I banged the sticks on the ground and it vered off A mate of mine has had them eating his calfs teats they have killed every hedge hog on our farm but we don't have catle so realy they don't affect us Still strange how we can controll foxs and dear but not badgers?

Iv seen a Badger somewhere else on the estate munching on a Hare. Left a bloody mess, never thought them to be meat eaters

I've got thermal image video footage of a badger trying to catch a bunny. It didn't manage to take it down, but it was a close-run thing...

We were out the other night with a member off another website and i was looking for Roe buck walking up a valley and the other lad was resting his leg lent up against a tree when a bill y walked out of the bracken and right into his boot he said that was a brown trouser moment but it just grunted and walked away

Archived