Autumn 2014 Roundhouse Rifle Challenge

Tiff

The Autumn RRC will follow a similar format to this years spring event, with hopefully far better weather…Like before, it is designed to be shot as a pair (either entered as a pair or composed on the day), with individual elements identical. Top pairs and top individual spots on offer - no prizes though, since it's not a competition…just a challenge.

The firing schedule for the shoot is:
Friday 12th September - 100 yard zeroing open 14.00-18.00
Saturday 13th September - Roundhouse Rifle Challenge Day 08.00-18.00
Sunday 14th September - Long Range Practice 640 to 1,500 yards 09.00-15.00

Saturdays targets will be between 25-650 yards, with approximately a 50/50 split between paper & steel (100 rds / 1 rifle each). Each stage will not be too physically demanding, but may require some short distance movement to elevate heart rates, induce stress & positional shooting is guaranteed.

Sunday will be a pure long range zeroing / practice day. Starting with a quick 100 yard zero check, the distance will jump to 650 yards and then increasing to a maximum distance of 1,500 yards. A great opportunity to test loads over a longer distance, gather vital drop data etc. and simply have some fun!

Lapua Scenars, FMJ & solid monolithic bullets are not permitted. Other HPBT match bullets are ok to use, though A-Max/Expanding type are preferred - people are meant to be zeroing field rifles after all. Also a new M.V. limit of 3,050 fps & 3,500 ft/lbs will be in place on Saturday - random chronograph checks will occur!

Entry donations are set at:
Fri & Sat Shoot - £75 inc. camping Fri night (if required) or £80 inc. Fri night Bunkhouse.

+ Sun Shoot - £115 inc. camping Fri & Sat nights (if required) or £125 Fri & Sat nights Bunkhouse

Or
Sunday practice shoot only - £50

There are 32 places (16 pairs) available for Friday/Saturday, with the first 18 confirmed entrants being offered first refusal on the limited Bunkhouse accommodation.

There are 12 places (6 pairs) available for Sunday.

Please be aware if 9 pairs (18 people) have not entered (confirmed through a full non-refundable donation) for Fri/Sat by the 1st August, all donations will be refunded and the event cancelled.

If arriving Saturday morning, please note the briefing will start at 08.00 sharp - miss it and you cannot shoot! There will be NO zero check on Saturday (just like if you booked a dawn stalking trip) and your first shot may be up to 650 yards away - know your drops before you arrive!

Finally for those of you who have not shot a Roundhouse day before, please note, it is NOT a rifle range. The rifle you use on the day MUST be your own and be conditioned for field shooting - i.e fox, deer or AOLQ & for zeroing over ground you have permission on etc. No sharing of rifles. Equally, it is NOT a competition, just a challenging set of realistic scenarios designed to test your ability to safely & humanely shoot in field conditions. You MUST also have your own valid shooting insurance and not be subject to a 'mentoring condition', unless accompanied by your mentor. This will all be checked on the day. Permission to zero will be granted on a daily basis, just like paid stalking etc. and the ground is cleared for fullbore by D&C Constabulary. The emphasis is on the shooter to be a safe shot and follow safe shooting practice, being responsible for every shot and every moment handling a firearm.

Many thanks,

Tiff

N.B. The landowners involved have expressly asked for their farms not to be named or pictured on the internet (or anywhere else) in reference to these shoots, so once you know the location please only refer to it as the Roundhouse Rifle Challenge, The Roundhouse or RRC etc.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right , guess I better get a provisional RRC entry list going:

sako 75 .243 - Conf. - 3B
John MH - Conf. - 2N
DaveT - Conf. - 2C
Mike Roberts - Conf. - 2B
+1 Mike Roberts - Conf. - 2B
tisme - Conf. - 3B

+1 tisme - Conf. - 3B
mildot - Conf. - 3B
c18rch - Conf. - 3C

Pete - Conf. - 3B

Oaken - Conf. - 3C

jungle_re - Conf. - 3C
Mash 67 - Conf. - 2B

MJR - Conf. -2B

Bangbangman - Conf. - 2B

Gooner - Conf. - 3B

Tony - 1N

Steve H -1N

16 places for Saturday remaining & Sunday may already be fully booked, but please put down your preference, so I can get a reserves list going.

I'll update this list as and when required. Please can you state if you'd like to do Sunday as well, to help with planning numbers etc.

Thanks,
Tiff

Provisonally yes

Cannot check shifts at moment as away

I'd like to come but have to shift some other commitments first. Fri/sat only for me.

Tiff,

Yes please for Saturday and Sunday.

Shame about Scanars now being banned as currently the only bullet that seems readily available in bulk and works in the 6.5s :(

Terry

I'm in.

All three for me too please pending approval from the boss. Def saturday though.

Put me in tiff. Best add Aaron too, and Rup

What about me! ;)

Tiff, unfortunately won't make this one - I shall be across the water shooting short guns in Tulsa.

Hope the sun shines and the wind is light for you all!! (There's a first time for everything!!!).

I can't make it either (I'm booked to give some stags my full attention) but I'm trying to rearrange?

I hope it blows a hooligan and p1sses it down (unless I can make it !)

good luck lads

:D

I'm in for the 3 days.

What are the alternatives to scenar in 6.5?

Assuming they are ok for the long range stuff or is it a blanket ban?

Had planned to work up a 95 Vmax load for shorter ranges but can't get them to shoot with huge jump to the lands :-/

I'll start another thread to save cluttering this one up

Rup

Me please, long as I can find someone to buddy up with? All days .

Tiff could you pm me an address (or general area?) so I can figure out how far away it is?

Sure thing, pm inbound shortly.

Assuming they are ok for the long range stuff or is it a blanket ban?

Blanket ban on Scenars I'm afraid - I have replied to your other thread to keep this one reasonably tidy...

Sorry Tiff I cannot make this one.

I am with Bushdog and Mike shooting the IDPA US National champs in Tulsa the week before and the weekend of the RRC.

Will defiantly try to make the next one.

At least I can virtually guarantee not getting drowned by the Bodmin weather that weekend!!!

Have a great one.

Mark

Archived