McMillan marbled stocks + camoflauge

I hope this may help a few people when trying to decide on colours.

I have been trawling the net to find a suitable marbled or camouflage patterned style stock and thought it might be a good idea to save all the pictures I found. I have purposely stayed away from bright coloured stocks as this is a varmitting site. Where possible I have put above the picture the colours and the % used, on others I have made an educated guess (McMillan are very helpful in telling you the colours and % if you show them a photo)

The first batch of photo's is of McMillan marbled stocks, the second set will be of McMillan, GAP and LTM (both durocoat I think?) camouflaged patterns.

If anyone has any pictures to add then please do, if possible please include colours and %

The third if it proves popular and if I'm not taking up to much bandwidth will be of a few stocks that caught my eye, either for good or bad reasons :rolleyes:

50% olive 25% black 25% gray

50OD25B25G.jpg

50% light tan 25% olive 25% medium tan

McMHTG.jpg

60% black 40% olive

PICT0002-1.jpg

70% olive 30%black

70OD30B.jpg

60% tan 20% light tan 20% dark tan

60T20LT20DT.jpg

50% olive 25% black 25% tan

McM.jpg

60% black 20% olive 20% light gray

60B20OD20LG.jpg

colours olive, white and black % not known

Mvc-006f.jpg

olive and white, 50/50% guess

olivewhite.jpg

olive and black 70/30% guess

GreenGiant30-065-19-07aa-1.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my ;)

Surgeon XL on top of Tac Ops bag - I need to change my underwear :rolleyes:

Hope mine looks that good!

Yup, there are a few rifles there I recognise, nice jumper Baldie :lol:

Ian

you spend too much time on "the hide" :lol:

Vim

finally we aggree on something :rolleyes:

Guest wireviz

Some of them marble ones look ok. But the ones with the big jigsaw type patterns and strips are bungee crap .Who would do some of them things to a perfectly good rifle . Call me old school but them look like the SAXOS AND CORSAS THAT THE YOUNG TEAM ARE RUNNING ABOUT IN UP MY WAY. :)

This is EXCELLENT, chaps!!

with some trepidation I placed an order for a McMillan A5 for my Sako 75. When it came to the colours I did not know what to do so, off the cuff, I chose Black, Olive and Tan as the three colours to be marbled... Seeing what you have all posted, particularly those with the combinations on the colours I chose, make me rest at ease that the rifle will look excellent with the (random) choice that I made!

Looking forward to the stock now (won't be here this side of September...) and when I have it I shall post some pictures too!

best wishes,

Finman

Some of them marble ones look ok. But the ones with the big jigsaw type patterns and strips are bungee crap .Who would do some of them things to a perfectly good rifle . Call me old school but them look like the SAXOS AND CORSAS THAT THE YOUNG TEAM ARE RUNNING ABOUT IN UP MY WAY. :P

I was never a fan of camo/digital/stripes until I saw the GAP camo (top photo) but that is one I would consider, however some of them do look like they have been painted with a sharp stick

WZ2J1839.jpg

Finman what % did you go for?

Ian

Hi Ian,

never having done this before, I only specified the colours to Peter Jackson and I am hoping that they will be 50%-25-25. I hope!! It is always a guessing game I understand, and it is only when the stock arrives that one gets to know whether they like it or not. For an investment of £500 or therabouts, it is a rather large gamble, lets hope it's worth it!!

best wishes,

Finman

The thing with the marbled stocks is you will NEVER get two stocks exactly alike even if you spec the same colour mix it depends how the guys dribble the colour over the mould as to how it turns out.

Was going to say that myself but didnt want to upset him Ian :P

Just had the invoice thru for an ajustable cheek HTG thats on the way - £280 inc shipping, happy days.

Was going to say that myself but didnt want to upset him Ian :D

That's what I was going to say as well, and I have to say the guys and gals at McMillan are very helpful.

Just had the invoice thru for an ajustable cheek HTG thats on the way - £280 inc shipping, happy days.

Ronin, that's the exact same stock as I have ordered, I had no idea they were that cheap :P I might just go for that Surgeon action now.

What lead time did they specify ?

Ian