MQC donation

oaken

Firstly a massive thankyou to all who donated your entry fee for the cancelled Spring Mendip Challenge. You know who you are, give yourself a pat on the back.

I will be putting a cheque for £420 to H4H in the post tonight.

And secondly.

The Quarry site is out of the question until the planning issues are sorted. It may become available again but unsure on what basis. We will have to wait and see. I think it will come with baggage that will prove it to be not worth while.

There are several other possibilities in the pipeline but they will not offer anywhere near the versatility of the quarry site and are by no means secured as yet.

We will keep you informed.

Keep looking for suitable sites, there has to be a better venue waiting to be found.

Atb

Rup

Oaken,

The family whose estate that I shoot on,own a number of pits and quarrys up and down the country,thay own a very well known aggregate company..As ive never organized anything like this before whats involved and what do I need to ask? I do not want to approach them without being able to answer their questions.

cheers

Glenn.

Dave, brilliant! Go for it.

Glenn, that's the kind of footinthedoor that is needed. No doubt the subject will be discussed extensively at the Roundhouse. :-) see you there.

Rup

Rup

IF I get a receptive response when I call Hills I will need to set up a meeting (you to join?) and be able to give all the appropriate assurances regarding safety, legal compliance etc etc etc.

I have tried to give the initial impression of a professional / fully insured & competent group including serving Police and Service personnel (Scotch Egg and BD count here?) ...IE not a 'motley crew' ...perhaps we should agree a form of words to reinforce the initial contact....no bullshit but hopefully factual with a positive spin...shall we talk?

Hoping to take a 2nd look at a site we can use not to distant from the old one but will need careful prep as it is field based

Time and planning is needed to ensure max safety for all . Sound is not a issue and land owner is helpfull and welcoming fingers crossed it passes a safety check this weekend

Aaron

I'm viewing a disused quarry in the next few days but it may be too far west (Sussex). The owner also has a working quarry in Cornwall (too far east but he reckons he'd be happy to stop work for the designated day (sat/sun). He has a quarry in Hampshire but proximity of housing sounds restrictive (100yds!)

Same chap is going to ask around contacts in the industry, some of whom have quarries not too far from original venue.

No idea if anything will come of it.

Archived