17 hornet

visiter1

My mate got his last month. Hes got a savage. Total rubbish. The bolt lifts up to easily and still alows you to fire. Making tiny dents in the primers but no bang. The smallest jolt makes the bolt lift.

that aside its smooth as silk to shoot. Weve both had foxes to 150y with it and they drop as if they were hit with a 243.

the hardy gen four mod is amazing. You get a small crack about the same as a hmr but a lovely thud on impact.

I personaly wouldn't take on foxes over 200y with it . Also still suffers when winds over 10mph. Quid a pill seems steep also.

I have thought about getting one myself, but the 204,20tac,20br seems more my cup of tea.

i had one built on a cz 527 i use it for fox and crows its leathal on crows , i use 25 grain v max and have killed foxes to 300 with it onelesss charile made my mod , im disabled so it suits me to the ground , thanks for your reply tho i haven herd many pl using them yet

Yes I have the cz527 American with hardy gen 4 mod, its very accurate out to 200yds, hav'nt shot it any further than that and its quieter than my hmr, furthest fox i've shot was155yds and it dropped on the spot, as with everything shot placement is critical, up to now I like it, yes ammo is quite exspensive , last batch I bought were £21.50.

i do agree that wont suit everyone , however i normally shoot a 6mil br and a .223 however since my disability i havent been able to shoot either , so this sits me for greys mags and the odd fox and i can reload it so keeps me busy also its a good bit stronger than the 17hmr

I have had a 17AH for three or four years. 20gr Vmax is superb on avian stuff but not to good on foxes, I have killed them out to 150 yards with chest shots but the only drop on teh spot jobs have been much closed head shots. I have had hit a couple front on bib shots with 20gr VMax that did not drop, one i found 200 yards away, the other I never did find. Have loaded some 25gr Hornady HPs to try, they ought to be OK for up to 150 yards given good placement, at the end of the day its the bullet used in 17 Rem and 17 Fireball so it ought to be fine even though the velocity is 10% lower.

A

Archived