A Dilema

Guest Stacka

Guest Stacka

I'm looking to set up a scope mounting system where by I can swop between my Swaro and my Yukon Photon in the field and not lose Zero.

The Leupold QR system was perfect but the space between the bases was too long and therefore the scope rings wouldn't fit for the Photon.

I ordered the extended rings, but the set only comes with one extended ring.

So any ideas in what I could use for around the same cost.

I have just bought some cheap hawke medium mounts to do same thing. Very wary but tried it out other day smack on every time, transferred them on and off three times just to make sure lol.

It's a confidence thing I think, providing you tighten them up the same each time and also press down and forward on your mounts when transferring you can't go wrong with the Picatinny system.

Good luck,

CZV

• 2 weeks later...

Warne do their own QD rings for about the same money but I wouldn't be sure that it would keep zero, precisely. Talley are also worth a look but a little more expensive.

GG&G do a nice system too,accucam but it's kinda pricey.

Talked to devon custom rifles last week about this same problem. They can fix it very easily and no loss of zero, they are worth a call. Having been down last week and seen some of there work and chatted to John, can't wait to get mine sorted and back for some vermine control.

atb

barnacle

Archived