Night out with the .222 Tikka M595

Guest Stacka

Guest Stacka

Went out tonight with the .222

Got out just before last light and made my way across my 800 acre permission. Headed to a tree in the centre and set up, using a bag of dust to judge the direction of the very little breeze.

i place my caller exactly 100 yards out and sat up and waited 10mins. and started calling with the "cotton tail distress" on my Icotec gc300

Low and be hold this lovely dog came bounding across the field straight into my arcs and i took him down with one large thud.

CIMG0815.JPG

CIMG0816.JPG

Guest Stacka

I'm seeing loads of badgers at the moment.

I see a lot if foxes when I go for a run first thing in the morning. So when my scope gets here I'm going to do a few mornings

Nice little set up stacka. I just happen to have a photon and I have only used it as a spotter ATM, until I nicked gaz's bresser idea. I love it value for money with the t20 can't go wrong tbh. Not had time to even get it on my rifle finish work for two weeks tomorrow tho so will deffo be getting it set up. The bresser is awesome with the t20, will stretch its legs tomorrow night with happy hopefully.

I quite fancy one of these photons. They seem pretty good value for money.

I had a photon for a few weeks and didn't get on with it at all, admittedly I was only using it for head shooting rabbits but I found the aiming dot too big and I couldn't get it to focus properly to eliminate some of the glare off the rabbits eye.

Obviously some other lads are getting on well with their's for foxing and for £400 it's worth a try.

Mememememememe six weeks....I will have six weeks off for summer holidays education you see.....hahahaha. Wink at that my friend lol.

Yeah I had that problem then bought a doubler works a treat now, amazing on clear nights. T20 helps a lot.

CZV

Nice little set up stacka. I just happen to have a photon and I have only used it as a spotter ATM, until I nicked gaz's bresser idea. I love it value for money with the t20 can't go wrong tbh. Not had time to even get it on my rifle finish work for two weeks tomorrow tho so will deffo be getting it set up. The bresser is awesome with the t20, will stretch its legs tomorrow night with happy hopefully.

Bresser and T20 clearly see rabbits at 200 yards easy :) told you ;)

Gaz

Bresser and T20 clearly see rabbits at 200 yards easy :) told you ;)

Gaz

hi gaz going to try a bresser as a spotter ,is that 200 yards through the view finder or did you have to add a screen ,I have a t20/60 ir already after trying to build a e700 rear add on but couldn't get a good picture when mounted on the back of my nightforce nsx and didn't want to down grade my scope so had to abandon it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stacka

Another night out and im starting to really get to grips with the rifle, love the fact iv got the flexibility to change between day scope and night scope and still take 160 yard shots.

Another fox fell to the M595, this time i used my lips to make a sucking squeaking noise.....no one has ever taught me it, it kinda came as instinct. He was bloody running straight for me so i had to stop him some how, so i just caughed loud, he stopped and I shot. I paced it out 160 yards.

Really happy with this little tikka its so darn accurate.

CIMG0862.JPG

hi gaz going to try a bresser as a spotter ,is that 200 yards through the view finder or did you have to add a screen ,I have a t20/60 ir already after trying to build a e700 rear add on but couldn't get a good picture when mounted on the back of my nightforce nsx and didn't want to down grade my scope so had to abandon it

200 yards through spotter, I could see cows in a field the other night at 620 yards so plenty good enough

Gaz

Good fox again mate ;)

Im very happy with it, cost me next to nothing and its very accurate. And a lot quieter than i expected.

160 yards with a Photon, I couldn't have ID'd a double decker bus at that range with mine. You must have a good one.

160 yards with a Photon, I couldn't have ID'd a double decker bus at that range with mine. You must have a good one.

Did you use a better ir on it ?? My mate has one it's good for them ranges easy, watch the YouTube clips they have it out to 300 yards. Maybe your eyes ;)

Gaz

I have found you need to set up the eye relief right with the front focus to get crisp images but no buggy once that's done away you go. And gaz, the bresser is insane full moon with IR on I could I'd sheep out to 800+ other night. Awesome. Went out with happy hunter few weeks ago, spotted fox in rest at 400. The watched it for ten. Ins before I squeaked it into a lead pill at 90yrds! Crystal clear. Really pleased with it.

Archived