New lapua 7mm 180g bullets

Redshift

To all you big7 shooting f-classers out there, as of next year lapua are making the above bullets , no doubt in there new dual ogive design.

Redshift

err they are already making them unles you mean another new hybrid

Mark, I think you're confusing Berger and Lapua here. Lapua don't have any sevens in their product lineup so new 150 and 180gn Scenar Ls are a great addition to the scene.

But when though? When the 'L' types were first introduced, two new high-BC 30s were announced alongside the existing 155gn model in 'L' production quality form. I've yet to hear of the new models arriving.

Are Lapua several years behind their competitors with regards to bullets? they will have to make something pretty special to break or even dent Berger's grip on the 7mm F class market.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a lot of top F class shooters make the change from 7WSM to 300 WSM unless Berger finally bring out the 195 grain 7mm. I guess there will be plenty of club F class shooters that will still stick with the .284 and 284 Shehane (rightly so) that would take up the 7mm Lapua, if it's cost effective? ie not more expensive than the Berger 180 VLD or Hybrid.

I think they've kind of missed the party!

They should have done it years ago, as Ian said it will be difficult to make a dent into a well established product unless it's something very special.

Looking at their pricing structure it won't be a cheap bullet so making grounds on cost I don't think will be an option?

Cheer

Dave.

Perhaps they have'nt missed the party, the Bergers are hellish money and very hard to get hold off. Senars I have always found sensible money, very plentiful and in boxes of 1000 a much more viable bullet to use. Lapua may have left it abit late but rather than building a market for a bullet its already there.

I was basing my cost around hearing they will be made under the new L specification.

At the moment the standard .308 155 scenar are around £35 per hundred but the L specification .308 155 scenar is quite considerably higher are £46 per hundred.

Therefore it is likely that the 7mm version will not be as cheap as as a basic scenar?

Not sure on the availability but price they may not turn out cheaper.

Cheers

Dave

Regardless of cost (and I agree with Dave on the likely cost of the "L" series.

It will be very interesting to have a direct competitor to the Hybrid and Target bullets from Berger.

I like Lapua Scenars, in every calibre I've used em, they work ext rely well.

I look forwards to the 7mm...

It will be interesting to see what happens about pricing.

Bergers are very over priced here with importers taking a big chunk.

I bought Bergers in the States this year for £27 per hundred retail here is £52!!

I wonder how quickly we will see a price realignment if Scenars do work out cheaper?

Wether the Scenar is a better bullet or not the competition will be good for us.

Cheers

Dave

Archived