re-shotting 12g game cartridges for fox

you can do it mat but the crimp in the top will need either rolling or recrimping properly to keep the shot tight

you can do it mat but the crimp in the top will need either rolling or recrimping properly to keep the shot tight

Thanks Mark - what tool do I need to re-crimp it? All I can find on the web are Lee Load-alls - which look a lot more 'involved' than I want to be; I'd just like to open a shell, swap the shot a re-close it.

You can get roll turnover tools , you could then cut the star crimp off , put your new destructo zap fox blaster shot inside then a cardboard disc and roll crimp them a little shorter ?

Personally I'd just buy the right thing but my most precious commodity is time ?

You can get roll turnover tools , you could then cut the star crimp off , put your new destructo zap fox blaster shot inside then a cardboard disc and roll crimp them a little shorter ?

Personally I'd just buy the right thing but my most precious commodity is time ?

If you can find someone selling something bigger than 6 shot in Wiltshire....please point me that way.

You should have mentioned your problem at the time.

I have some BB and No 2's that will do the job, or you can call on me to attend with my 16" barrelled moderated .222, it does a treat !

Wiltshire you say? Still on matchlocks down there aren't you? Lol

I'm certain I've got a roll turnover tool somewhere you can have if you want?

Yes please! (and 5 mins on how to use it!)

You should have mentioned your problem at the time.

I have some BB and No 2's that will do the job, or you can call on me to attend with my 16" barrelled moderated .222, it does a treat !

Eddie, what reach areyou getting with BB? I'm hoping for a load that'll do 40m/45yds

Them chickens need protecting Matt....

Got my house 3 weeks ago and my coup is empty. Chicken protector required. Just don't go tipping super glue through the crimp.

Yesterday found the severed head of a young piglet lying snout up in the field. Think we've got al-qaeda foxes.

Thanks Mark - what tool do I need to re-crimp it? All I can find on the web are Lee Load-alls - which look a lot more 'involved' than I want to be; I'd just like to open a shell, swap the shot a re-close it.

Roll crimp die from Norman Clark at rugby very good tool I use one for slugs and the larger shot sizes good as any factory crimp all the best Chris

• 6 months later...

I've always used wax from a candle. Seems to work well enough.

Especially if you mix the shot in it before putting all it back in!

:ph34r::P

Just buy some AAA's from Dauntsey Guns you tight arse ! Or, ill bring a few to the mqc you can blag

Mole Valley have BB and SG in stock normally in Frome.

Both 36g loads I think in 2 3/4 carts, about £7 for 25 if memory serves me right?

9x 30 cal lead balls is emphatic when you hit things!

Especially if you mix the shot in it before putting all it back in!

:ph34r::P

Both 36g loads I think in 2 3/4 carts, about £7 for 25 if memory serves me right?

Far too expensive for our Brown Dog :D

Hi Matt,

Looking at the dates, I reckon you are probably sorted by now ? but if not I have a selection of most size shot if ever you are this way again.

I also have a roll-over tool if you decide to go the cartridge crimp cutting way !

Thanks - top tip :)

Hi Matt,

Looking at the dates, I reckon you are probably sorted by now ? but if not I have a selection of most size shot if ever you are this way again.

I also have a roll-over tool if you decide to go the cartridge crimp cutting way !

Thanks Eddie - if I can get them from Mole Valley or Scats I'll try that first.

Anyone able to recommend a safe (non-hillbilly) way of opening a 12g game cartridge and replacing the shot with BB or similar...and then reclosing the cartridge?

Thanks!

Now you have really excelled yourself...

Crossed Yorky and Scott,,,,

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived