Joint DI BDS Rifle Marksmanship Event

Ronin

Last weekend, our local BDS Branch in conjunction with the North England Deer Initiative arranged for two one day rifle marksmanship courses - tuition from Bradley Bourner who is ex military marksman (with provenance) and who has started a company called Professional Sporting Solutions

http://www.prosportingsolutions.com

The course covered everything pertinent to any form of rifle shooting, in our case relevant to deer management.

It covered

Initial Zero

Rifle fit

Marksmanship principles

Bolt Manipulation

Shooting in various positions;

Seated, kneeling, standing, prone - without support and with.

We then went on to do outlines on Range estimation, (without LRF), wind judging and the theory of down / up shots

Finishing with cleaning and rifle maintenance.

It was an excellent day, the feedback received from the previous day was very favourable and even the more experienced shots benefitted from Brad and co instructor Ben's considerable knowledge, backed up by years of operational experience.

There was no war stories, or other such nonsense one expects from people who have to embellish their status to advertise their product.....

A good course that I'd recommend anyone take up if you get the opportunity.

There are other more advanced courses available if you look at their website.

Some who know me, will know that I know Brad, I make this post without any favouritism whatsoever - genuinely impressed with the product that his company delivers.

Last weekend, our local BDS Branch in conjunction with the North England Deer Initiative arranged for two one day rifle marksmanship courses - tuition from Bradley Bourner who is ex military marksman (with provenance) and who has started a company called Professional Sporting Solutions

http://www.prosportingsolutions.com

The course covered everything pertinent to any form of rifle shooting, in our case relevant to deer management.

It covered

Initial Zero

Rifle fit

Marksmanship principles

Bolt Manipulation

Shooting in various positions;

Seated, kneeling, standing, prone - without support and with.

We then went on to do outlines on Range estimation, (without LRF), wind judging and the theory of down / up shots

Finishing with cleaning and rifle maintenance.

It was an excellent day, the feedback received from the previous day was very favourable and even the more experienced shots benefitted from Brad and co instructor Ben's considerable knowledge, backed up by years of operational experience.

There was no war stories, or other such nonsense one expects from people who have to embellish their status to advertise their product.....

A good course that I'd recommend anyone take up if you get the opportunity.

There are other more advanced courses available if you look at their website.

Some who know me, will know that I know Brad, I make this post without any favouritism whatsoever - genuinely impressed with the product that his company delivers.

Brad's a good bloke. Good to hear. :)

Makes me wonder about continuing my BDS membership in the NW, seems so much happens without a simple e-mail these days let alone an old fashioned newsletter :(

Sorry to hear this Kent,

the course was arranged at relatively short notice, but was advertised at recent DI, BDS NW and Cumbria Woodlands meetings, via e-mail and also mentioned at the NW BDS Stalkers evening and AGM

We are trying hard at NW BDS to get events that cater and appeal for more members and have begun working closely with partners in the deer world to promote training and education to improve all round skills.

If you didn't receive anything from us - I can only apologise, please PM me with your details and i'll check your on the current electronic mailing list.

What are the costs Andy?

The course cost £60 per head

Archived