Swedish Method ballistic range card

Link , takes me to a photo album , kammet ?

Crap, messed up again.

Chris, it is the same as on the NZ forums for years if that helps?

If not, PM email and I'll drop you one.

Edit: Just checked link. Click on highlighted image of xls file and download should start.

• 9 months later...

Question - I´m discovering the new approach and still getting my head round how the table works. Does it offer me any advantage compared to dedicated density altitude tables run off JBM? I like getting results from simplicity...

This is what my current table looks like for a dedicated competition (known distances): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ce3-R_CRarVEQyVDRuZG9ESW8/edit?usp=sharing

Question - I´m discovering the new approach and still getting my head round how the table works. Does it offer me any advantage compared to dedicated density altitude tables run off JBM? I like getting results from simplicity...

This is what my current table looks like for a dedicated competition (known distances): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ce3-R_CRarVEQyVDRuZG9ESW8/edit?usp=sharing

Lukas, your chart doesn't look like a density altitude chart - you have a fixed temperature. Have I misunderstood what I'm looking at?

Realy simplistic diagram works for me, love lots as a training format....

brown dog: you calculate density altitude on the grounds of temp & pressure (both are accounted for already). If you use different temps in JBM, it is for Vo correction because of powder temperature sensitivity. I believe JBM can accomodate up to 5 temperatures at once for that, but the table then becomes really overcrowded...

I see now, Thomas made a good illustrative video that I´ve missed before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnZhF5c3iCM

Then the method really is interesting and possibly worth creating the BDC calibrated turret first. Works the same as DA tables then, just a little more intuitive in the field.

Over the years I have used various methods both issued and non issued. Of them all I have found the Swedish method the most intuitive, especially when setting up a range card in a new position. However, like all systems both you and your No2 needs to fully understand how it works.

I have now put together cards for all my calibes/ bullet weight/velocity combinations and keep them in an aide-memo dedicated to the cal. I have taken some flak on by some for being in the Stone age as others use the latest software, however when out in the field where batteries always fail when you least want them to, cards still work.

brown dog: you calculate density altitude on the grounds of temp & pressure (both are accounted for already). If you use different temps in JBM, it is for Vo correction because of powder temperature sensitivity. I believe JBM can accomodate up to 5 temperatures at once for that, but the table then becomes really overcrowded...

Got it. Thanks.

Archived