I have just bought a stolle f calss action from Brian fox to built into a 6.5x47. I am looking for a stock that will be o.k for longrange varminting and some target shooting maybe FTR or F class in the future. I don,t want a mc millan a5 style would prefer more of a target style. I have spoken to Simon at Joe west stocks and i am tempted by there thumb hole target stock. Brian fox also has some robertson stocks a H+H and a GBF but seem a little salty at over £650 Uninletted. All options considered i would prefer to spend a couple of quid and get the right stock than by something and regret it.

Thanks Sean

So you did crack in the end then :lol:

Joe West stocks seem excellent value.

Cheers

Dave

Yep i'm a sucker for shiney things. Got an 8 twist truflite coming aswell. Will try and twist Neils arm into building it for me. May get a .284 barrel for it in the future or a .308. Why don't you sell me that mc hale stock you have? You know it make sense. That powder you buy could become very expensive all of sudden :lol:

Cheers sean

Yep i'm a sucker for shiney things. Got an 8 twist truflite coming aswell. Will try and twist Neils arm into building it for me. May get a .284 barrel for it in the future or a .308. Why don't you sell me that mc hale stock you have? You know it make sense. That powder you buy could become very expensive all of sudden :lol:

Cheers sean

Black mail on an open forum :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you manage to get a right bolt right port?

Did you get a polished action as well.

It will go well with the RG swift you have.

Will look forward to seeing this one completed, no doubt you will want me to come down and be David Bailey for you ;):lol:

Cheers

Dave

Black mail on an open forum :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you manage to get a right bolt right port?

Did you get a polished action as well.

It will go well with the RG swift you have.

Will look forward to seeing this one completed, no doubt you will want me to come down and be David Bailey for you ;):lol:

Cheers

Dave

Right bolt left port thats all foxy had left. Polished? is there another finish to have a panda action in? :lol:

May try some of this target shooting lark so will be picking your brains soon.

See you soon

SEAN

Clearly I am biased, but I like the following stock a lot.

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/gallery/member-galleries/p2948-remington-700-sa-in-260-rem.html

I looked for a stock like this for 8 or 9 years. In the interim I had a Richards Microfit laminated stock as per my details on the left of the post.

Regards JcS

post-11387-0-24763300-1340056788_thumb.jpg

Right bolt left port thats all foxy had left. Polished? is there another finish to have a panda action in? :lol:

May try some of this target shooting lark so will be picking your brains soon.

See you soon

SEAN

No worries Sean anytime you like.

Your are more than welcome when we have practice session to join us and see what it's all about.

Probably wouldn't be much hassle to pick you up on the way through.

Cheers

Dave

Would a mc millan tooley mbr be any good for ftr/f class? I think SCOPE US OUT in the states has them ready to ship.

Thanks sean

I've seen quite a few used on F open guns not sure quite as suitable for FTR.

They do make the gun sit quite high up on the front rest, the current vogue is to keep the gun as low as possible in the bags.

Cheers

Dave

Well i ordered a T/hole target stock from Simon at Joe west stocks today. I have to say his customer service is A1 and a real pleasure to deal with. Not only will he try and get my stock sorted in a few weeks. He also is going to send me a stock to try for grip size. All in all happy days. Now i just have to make my mind up what colour to go for? Purple or red. Thanks Simon look forward to speaking to you soon.

ATB SEAN

Archived